Veefour Electronic Cruise Control, Installed And Tested

swimmer

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi veeefour,

Can you please recap on the options available.

I'm thinking I'll go with the full Monty, old style switches and left side on my 2010 DCT and shipped to Oz, if this is a possible configuration.

I would not recommend installing LHD switch on DCT - it may still be possible with Crosstourer or with some superbike handle bar conversion

but, when you want to buy ECC form me for dual clutch version I say RHD switch only - not physically possible to put anything aside that giant park brake lever.

You may still try to customize something but this would be your job.

Switches are side specific but you may convert RHD to LHD in any time but you would need to swap 4 pins in the main connector or simply just "live" with it(functions upside down).

Shipping fees:

-EU free shipping

-US and CAN +5€

-AU +10€

13 hours ago, veeefour said:

I would not recommend installing LHD switch on DCT - it may still be possible with Crosstourer or with some superbike handle bar conversion

but, when you want to buy ECC form me for dual clutch version I say RHD switch only - not physically possible to put anything aside that giant park brake lever.

You may still try to customize something but this would be your job.

Switches are side specific but you may convert RHD to LHD in any time but you would need to swap 4 pins in the main connector or simply just "live" with it(functions upside down).

Shipping fees:

-EU free shipping

-US and CAN +5€

-AU +10€

Thanks Prez.. I was thinking left, because it is a long reach for the thumb to work controls on the RHD, but that park-brake does take up a lot of space, so RHD it will be..

• 1 month later...

Received, fitted & tested. Thanks Prez, had fun installing. Biggest obstacle is routing wires but there are a couple of simple solutions that will save a lot of time.
Got to say this is a great product, if anyone is in doubt that wants ecc do it, you won't be disappointed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, DeanFinch said:

Received, fitted & tested. Thanks Prez, had fun installing. Biggest obstacle is routing wires but there are a couple of simple solutions that will save a lot of time.
Got to say this is a great product, if anyone is in doubt that wants ecc do it, you won't be disappointed.

Cheers m8 :beer:

• 4 weeks later...

Spring sale!

The Spring is coming - make sure your bike is equipped with Cruise Control before the season!

Until the end of April fixed prices for everyone:
-400 EU for FULL kit either F or X model.
-350 EU for LITE kit either F or X model.

• Member Contributer

I've put about 16k miles on my VFR since installing the cruise control one year ago. It still works great.  No way I'd have another long haul bike without one.  Definitely one of the best motorcycle related purchases I've ever made.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Arrived and fitted. Now made a great product perfect. Looks good and easy to reach and operate with gloves while holding the throttle open.

Now just to work out how to mount the GoPro to make the video so you can see the switch and speedo while riding.

IMG_3173.JPG

IMG_3174.JPG

You are welcome.

The only difficult bit in fitting is screwing  the switch onto the back plate. There is not enough room for a screwdriver. I had to replace the cross head screws with allen bolts. It was the same with the original switch so maybe allen bolts should be included instead. Unless I'm being thick and some one has found an easy way to do it. Just a thought, maybe the problem is only when fitting to the right side as for the DCT version.

Good info - I have a bag of M3 allens on hand and hex heads as well. I guess I would need to include all 3 in the so buyers can chose whats better for them.

And yes, no matter of the switch type it's not that easy to screw them in - I spent hours with CAD and it turned out you can either have a compact

size or easy fit - theoretically you only need to mount it once so at the end of the day, having a compact shape may be worth the hassle .

Pic annotated to show the position of the switch cable running over the frame.

Hex heads might be easier still as there was not much room for the allen key either.  I will be removing the unit when I sell my bike as its a fantastic product and a great bike.

IMG_3173.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Hex heads a definite. Especially if you need to remove unit to do anything to gear attached to the two mounting bolts for the brake lever and reservoir. Just replaced the screws with hex heads much easier. Took forever to remove the old ones. 8e62f4ecd03e617bfd18a5c6b81ed254.jpg9ea0e1035edd0e8e03939c2fd9619dc4.jpg

• Member Contributer
On 5/14/2017 at 11:22 AM, DavidField said:

Pic annotated to show the position of the switch cable running over the frame.

Hex heads might be easier still as there was not much room for the allen key either.  I will be removing the unit when I sell my bike as its a fantastic product and a great bike.

IMG_3173.JPG

If only we could have a letter or 2 or 3 etched out under/above the buttons. There is space so.....just above and beneath the LEDs.

:ON", "MEM", "SET", "RES" that would just make everything simply AWESOME....especially on the square unit. So Prez...what do you think?

Archived