Organic, Semi-Sintered Or Sintered On A 1986 Vf?

Dutchy

• Member Contributer

Having read the pro's and cons on the types of material and sintered the current standard, the question is what would be wise for OEM 1986 brake rotors in terms of wear on them?

Anyone with experience to say "do/don't use sintered on rotors from that era"?

Also, anyone actually used Chinese brake pads and has some facts to share?

The web is full of "they are made from kitty litter", but seeing how much expensive, high tech motorcycles were chucked in the kitty litter in MotoGP and SBK, this may not be such a bad thing... :goofy:

I know and value my safety, but with brake pads being produced a 100 years, how bad are these Chinese pads?

My experience, is same kind of pads for what used of the timeline, so whit stock rotors I would use organic pads, but whit new aftermarket discs sintred (and semi sintred) are ok. Actually never tried semi sintred, but did try EBC HH sintred on the RG250 and the disc was running way hotter than the organic pads, so even the brake power was way bigger I did change back to organic pads. On my old 1987 750F I did use Ferredo brake pads that had better brake force compare to ebc organic as hot even as cold is what other way arround and whit them I cracked the stock rotors. I dont know if the where sintred , was early 2000... The the lovely VF I did ride home whit me from Dutch ground, did change the rear pads to TRW from EBC organic and the power was down even after scrubbed down, so there is difference betwen organic pads as well how they work whit certan rotors. So its a big jungel actually. I will put JT Brakeing discs on my Tenere, Chinese discs....

• Member Contributer

Kiitos for this!

Anyone use Chinese pads?? (not rotors)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Right, well sort of right :-)

Bit the bullet and for the price less than a single branded name set I now have 3 (and will get 1 more) sets from China.

Yeah yeah, I will crash and burn and yes my life is worth more, but let me be the guinea pig ok?  :-)

I somehow reckon most come from China to begin with and it is not rocket science...

1st order of the day though will be refurbishing the front forks (leaking seal+drilling holes in damper rods, which I will post in my MBD thread.

With that done, I will test them.

The seller did say that one set would be a "newer" design, but upon receiving the sets I did question it.

Never seen pads with an extra -shiney- metal plate though...   Anyone???

Contacted him and within the hour he said "no problem", "we will sent you a set like the other two sets"

Now, on the face of it, the pads and material to me untrained eyes looks identical to the Lucas', Carbone Lorraine's, OEM's or EBC's I have had in my hands over the past 30 years.

I will post up here with a ride report when done (in sha Allah! :-) )

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section

Archived