I Want This - And I Want This Now!

didit

• Member Contributer

Came across this post on a tech site I watch regularly. Frigg'n LOVE this idea and want the replacement screen for my 6th Gen NOW!

Don't care about the who's calling shite, but would like the GPS factor, with music option and rider - rider communication.

Come on Samsung, get it into production. Wouldn't be surprised to see 2017 or later models start looking at this for OEM.

Or, at least they should.

• Member Contributer

Cool indeed.

I'd like one for the Nav. and the music control.

• Member Contributer

Yeah. This old foggy doesn't have a smart phone. They are too smart for me.

• Member Contributer

Notice they don't show it in day light.

Not sure I buy the "safety" line. Seems like a huge distraction to me. Do like the GPS factor.

I guess I'm the last of a dying breed that enjoys the difference of motorcycling compared to cars. I don't need nor want to take or place a call to anyone, check my stock portfolio, update my FB status or otherwise look down for any reason while riding. Actually you can take all my gauges except oil light and I wouldn't miss one of them. There are too many things trying to kill me during the course of even a short ride for me to be trying to read some faded image telling me my wife is calling to remind me to pick up some pork chops on the way home. Sorry Babe, this is my time, I'm out here for me, I'm 100% in the experience.

I know some can't wait for their smart cars to drive around for them while they're buried in their phone, and that's coming, but then I'll have to be even MORE attentive in case there's a glitch in the software and their smart car thinks I'm an off ramp.

I commute on my bike and generally ride whenever the weather doesn't increase my chances of being plowed over, so if I can take a quick call or see a text at a traffic light about a change of plans or something needed at home, I'm all for it. I don't feel the need to be constantly connected to social media, but my bike is more than a recreational vehicle, modern conveniences are welcome. I'm against all this crap that's supposed to warn you that you're being a shitty driver and about to kill someone because it encourages the idiots to focus even less, but some things are practical. That said, I still haven't shelled out for a Bluetooth helmet or headset, so Samsung likely could care less what I think.

• Member Contributer

Notice they don't show it in day light.

Not sure I buy the "safety" line. Seems like a huge distraction to me. Do like the GPS factor.

I guess I'm the last of a dying breed that enjoys the difference of motorcycling compared to cars. I don't need nor want to take or place a call to anyone, check my stock portfolio, update my FB status or otherwise look down for any reason while riding. Actually you can take all my gauges except oil light and I wouldn't miss one of them. There are too many things trying to kill me during the course of even a short ride for me to be trying to read some faded image telling me my wife is calling to remind me to pick up some pork chops on the way home. Sorry Babe, this is my time, I'm out here for me, I'm 100% in the experience.

I know some can't wait for their smart cars to drive around for them while they're buried in their phone, and that's coming, but then I'll have to be even MORE attentive in case there's a glitch in the software and their smart car thinks I'm an off ramp.

I'm with you. I don't even carry a cell phone smart or otherwise.

Meh. I've got all the data I need on my dashboard, and anything else I need I can get through my Sena in my helmet, via my poor orphan Nokia N8 (orphaned by that rogue Stephen Elop, on behalf of Micro$oft), which has excellent turn-by-turn navigation, at the same time as phone and/or music and/or bluetooth conversation with my pillion or other Sena-equipped riders. So, I'm good, thanx. :D

At least... until my N8 dies...

I can see the benefit for nav but that's about it. I agree that in sunlight it would be hard to see.

I personally like to ride as a way to get away from those distractions. Music through the Sena or navigation through the Sena if I am somewhere unfamiliar is about it. Oh and of course the wife. I don't want the phone calls or the text messages.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

I agree with most, as stated I have no need or would ever want to deal with phone calls or messages.

I've always thought that an active dash display combining the bike info (speed, tach, gear, gas, signal, etc) with GPS and music would be sweet.

I really enjoy my current setup with GPS, music, radar and rider comm, but having it all installed so as not having to charge, remove & secure additional items.

Also, the more accurate and updated tech in my smart phone as a screen cast or the like for mapping, rather than all that processing power just sitting there.

To each his own.

Archived