8Th Gen Slip-On On 5Th Gen?

Epyon007

Mount points are exactly the same, so yes; 5th gen and 8th gen exhaust are interchangeable. The only thing you need to be aware of is how the can sits if you are going to be using luggage.

• Member Contributer

There is a thread about this in the 5th Gen forum that I started around October of 2015, not technical enough to get a link in here, I tried though. Some good information in there although I don't recall any pictures of anyone having done it.

Did anyone find the link to this? Looking for options as my stock pipe has a hole in it and there doesnt seem to be any affordable options being made anymore.

• Member Contributer

Go to page 3 of the 5th Gen forum, look for 8th Gen can on a 5th gen.

Got it THANKS!!! Did you end up getting it to fit? Or did you go a different route?

• Member Contributer

Got it THANKS!!! Did you end up getting it to fit? Or did you go a different route?

Still trying to put it all together. I prefer the high mount for the can. I will keep all posted when it's done.

Still trying to put it all together. I prefer the high mount for the can. I will keep all posted when it's done.

Yeah I like the looks of the high mount better, but I don't want to limit myself and not be able to put bags on later if i want. So I'm still deciding on that... Is seems like nobody is making pipes for 5th Gens now, unless you want to spend like $1200 on Staintunes, which is NOT happening. lol Please keep me/us posted on what you end up going with and GOOD LUCK!!!

Did anyone find the link to this? Looking for options as my stock pipe has a hole in it and there doesnt seem to be any affordable options being made anymore.

There was a stocker and a High mount Staintune listed on VFRWorld in the classifieds.

I also have the stock that I can't ever imagine putting it back on a bike. It's bulky and heavy. I'm guessing shipping wouldn't be cheap. But let me know if you are interested.

Might try Craigslist in your area for a used stocker. I like to use statewidelist.com.

Archived