Aussie Vfr Riders.

scubastevemccall

• Member Contributer

They do look nice.

Tell the bloke behind you that someone flogged one of his front disks.

Is that a real motorbike, or one of them kid push along balance bike things? With just one disk it mustn't have a lot of power.:wink:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:53 PM, VFROZ said:

They do look nice.

Tell the bloke behind you that someone flogged one of his front disks.

Is that a real motorbike, or one of them kid push along balance bike things? With just one disk it mustn't have a lot of power.:wink:

VT750, his first bike for 25 yrs uses it as a daily rider, and doesn't go that hard so brakes sufficient.

He is currently saving for something a bit more serious haha..

Funny though my wifes CB400 has twin disc.

• 4 months later...

It's not actually dead, just requires a fair amount of effort to get into it. I actually checked a week or so ago and there are still people posting, most likely blissfully unaware that 95% of the world cannot.

If you use bookface you will find most of us here.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ozvfr/

Oddly the "Owner" of OzVfr is also a member ;-)

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, Trevor said:

It's not actually dead, just requires a fair amount of effort to get into it. I actually checked a week or so ago and there are still people posting, most likely blissfully unaware that 95% of the world cannot.

If you use bookface you will find most of us here.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ozvfr/

Oddly the "Owner" of OzVfr is also a member ;-)

Any tips how to get to the website? (I'm not on facebook) I was on it a week or two ago (was surprised someone posted in the Technical section, but about a VFR800X,  so I was of no help) but now the same link comes up with a message saying the site has gone...

And yes, I realise it may be poor form asking about another forum, but it i only a small 'local' one and that's why I was trying to be discreet in the downunder section (shhhhh!)

;-)

it's still there as of this post, with all the same google warnings about deceptive sites. I cannot actually access it from home as my AVG blocks it. Maybe try a different browser, or disable your AV, all at your own risk

• 4 weeks later...

New member here.  Just picked up my 06 VFR 2 days ago and love it. Not the biggest bike I've owned (or still own) nut an absolute ripper with storage for days.

Anyway, based in Sydney and keen to get on any group ride days that happen.

Pic of my new gal attached. I think she's a keeper.

Screenshot_20180501-055333.png

• Member Contributer

I'm at Old Toongabbie, so you're very close. 

I mostly get out during the week, as I work for myself and have the road to myself then. 

But my group does get out every now and then on a Sunday. 

I'll let you know if you're interested. 

On 4/8/2018 at 8:58 AM, shaynus said:

Any tips how to get to the website? (I'm not on facebook) I was on it a week or two ago (was surprised someone posted in the Technical section, but about a VFR800X,  so I was of no help) but now the same link comes up with a message saying the site has gone...

And yes, I realise it may be poor form asking about another forum, but it i only a small 'local' one and that's why I was trying to be discreet in the downunder section (shhhhh!)

😉

I wouldn't get too worried. Most of the Ozvfr guys - myself included - have been on that forum and this one (and VFRWorld) for donkey's years. Yes, Ozvfr is still around - but as you found out. somewhat "challenging" to get to. Most have "moved on" to FB (which is a bit of a waste of space in my view...actually preferred the forum, if I'm honest)

As for the bloke asking about PC2s...don't listen to the naysayers...They're still out there (I have one). Solid, mature product! 😉 But you're right, there's limited support for them these days. Most tuners won't have an old PC/laptop with a serial port with which they can tune it (Hint: a serial to USB cable can solve that issue). Dynojet has long since stopped referencing them on their site. The conspiracy theorists out there (well, me anyway) reckon that's because they dropped features when they went to the PCIII and beyond (only the PC2 "includes" the ability to alter ignition timing as well as fuel mapping). In reality, it's more likely that they don't reference them because the first ones were made by K&N (I think?), and only latter PC2s wore the Dynojet branding...but I prefer the conspiracy theorist rationale 😉 

What's the issue with yours?

• Member Contributer

Nothing wrong witht any of the Power Commanders, but the II is getting a bit long in the tooth.

Any map can be programed into the II.

The II and the V can both alter ignition timimg, but it doesn't work on all bikes.

The IIIUSB and the V can have a Dynojet quick shifter installed.

The V (much smaller then the II or III) can have the Auto Tune added.

Dynojet now recomends the V for the 5G bikes.

Sad to see the OZ VFR site decompose.

On 5/3/2018 at 3:58 PM, VFROZ said:

Nothing wrong witht any of the Power Commanders, but the II is getting a bit long in the tooth.

Any map can be programed into the II.

The II and the V can both alter ignition timimg, but it doesn't work on all bikes.

The IIIUSB and the V can have a Dynojet quick shifter installed.

The V (much smaller then the II or III) can have the Auto Tune added.

Dynojet now recomends the V for the 5G bikes.

Sad to see the OZ VFR site decompose.

Can't argue with any of that.

On the V, though, is there now a "plug and play" version of these for 5th Gen? (TBH, I haven't ever looked into it, because if mine's working "why fix it?", right?)

I also thought - for some reason - that there was a fair degree of fiddling to get a V going on a 5th Gen...

As for the ignition timing thing, yep, probably of limited value on the 5th Gen anyway. I *think* a couple of degrees' advance in the mid-range, along with appropriate fuelling might be as good as it gets.

• Member Contributer

As stated, Dynojet now only lists the V for the 5G, but I'm yet to see someone getting it to actually work.

I was just in conversation with them about the quickshifter, and I've decided it is my next project.

Patience is not my forte.

• 4 months later...

Hey guys new OZ member here.

Penrith area, Sydney, NSW

Always keen for a ride (when not tied up with the wife and kids of course. Well and these days long hours at work)

Let me know when and where and Ill be there if I can.

There are a few meets monthly in my area if anyone wants to get a little VFR crowd happening. Mind you one of them is at a Kawasaki dealership but its open of course haha

• 4 months later...

Archived