Official 13Th Annual Texasmac Event Thread 2016

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Signed up!

Woo Hoo, been a while my friend. Look forward to seeing you there. Fist beer is on me. :beer:

Yea, its been a while! Life seems to keep getting in he way of my planned get-aways....

Still lovin my VTEC!

• Member Contributer

So, is this likely to put a damper on things?

http://abc11.com/travel/speeders-beware-law-enforcement-is-cracking-down/1257209/

I'm asking for a friend...

Glenn

Nah. The campaign is almost over and it really was overblown in the media anyway. No worries.

• Member Contributer

:ohmy:

http://abc11.com/travel/speeders-beware-law-enforcement-is-cracking-down/1257209/

Glenn

Nah. The campaign is almost over and it really was overblown in the media anyway. No worries.

:cool:

• Member Contributer

:ohmy:

Glenn

:cool:

I wouldn't go speeding down the major highway or on certain parts of the Dragon after law enforcement arrives. That said, I don't think anyone is going to bother you doing a no brake run up 28 - unless you pass an off duty police officer and he takes issue with your kids. Kudos to Corner Carver on that one.

Rt 28 from 74 to Stecoah is a known speed-trap city, also towards the Overlook on the Gap there is a stretch called "Radar Straight" because it's a known speed trap spot, other than that...

We can all hope the Feds pull NC's funding as they have made threats to do. That help cut down on enforcement.

You just won't be able to walk into whatever restroom you want.

• Member Contributer

Just stay behind David, he would be the first one clocked, and none of them would be able to follow you........;)

• Member Contributer

Just stay behind David, he would be the first one clocked, and none of them would be able to follow you........;)

Keeping up with David could be a problem for some. Probably me. I could ride sweep and keep the LEOs off The Pack's back, at least from behind. Slow is as slow does.

• Member Contributer

Just a warning for those attending, yeasterday there were 4 BC mc popo's and one state trooper popo and 2 BC in cars.

I rode 28 and Wayah road.

Just a warning for those attending, yeasterday there were 4 BC mc popo's and one state trooper popo and 2 BC in cars.

Think they'll still be there in a month? :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Afraid so. I have never seen them(PoPo's) so early and so many.

• Member Contributer

Ive always enjoyed ridding with Dave/Switchblade as he knows the dragon so well, thinking i could keep pace using his keys when to slow for tight turns, until the day we passed an accident last year and we made a u turn and headed back, at that time i found out he was just being a good host over the years, because when he decides to go there is no keeping up on a VFR, Other than maybe CornerCarver, Kebrider on anything other than his cruiser ST, or Whitelightning...

• Member Contributer

Do we need to change the color of your bike? :)

• Member Contributer

As long as it's not area-wide, there are lots of other great roads for us visitors to enjoy. I hope we "strangers" can count on you locals to find the empty spaces. You folks have done so well in the past.

• Member Contributer

Do we need to change the color of your bike? :)

Color and old habits . :cool:

• Member Contributer

On the weekend...possibly, during the week? Probably not.

Ive always enjoyed ridding with Dave/Switchblade as he knows the dragon so well, thinking i could keep pace using his keys when to slow for tight turns, until the day we passed an accident last year and we made a u turn and headed back, at that time i found out he was just being a good host over the years, because when he decides to go there is no keeping up on a VFR, Other than maybe CornerCarver, Kebrider on anything other than his cruiser ST, or Whitelightning...

While I like my chances on a closed circuit track with the group you mentioned I am under no delusions of being able to keep up with David or Kimball on their home track (129) if they got in the mood to drop me. :wink:

• Member Contributer

I've yet to do my hotel arrangements. So much is in the air right now :(

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Well your up to 20 now. Registered the wife and I. Got to get new tires for her bike but think will wait till it stops snowing for f*&k sakes

Archived