Falcon1220, New From Bc, Canada

Falcon1220

Hi

I am new to the site and new to own a 2010 VFR1220 DCT.

20 Plus years of riding experience and had Yamaha's, Suzuki's and Kawasaki's but this is my first time on a Honda.

What did the add say 30years ago; You meet the nicest people on a Honda. So lets give it a whirl and see all the nice people here.

• Member Contributer

Yes welcome! And post a picture or it doesn't exist. Or so I have been told.

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the asylum. And Mikey is right: "We need pics to prove you are not a figment of our imagination." as one contributor said long ago.

• Member Contributer

Congratulations on your new purchase. I would love to own a 1200 for the new technology and shaft drive. You are a lucky man. Keep an eye out for the meet in Nelson this summer.

C

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Welcome from the centre of the Canadian universe and yes that is the proper spelling "center" in these parts. See my signature below this post for the mods we have made to our two VFR 1200's. Spend some time in Seventh Generation section on VFRD and you will find many threads on adjustments members have made to their rides to fix, improve or just farkle. We get out to BC every year and had a great ride from Lillooet along Hwy 99 to Whistler last summer. Tight roads and hours of twisties and best of all when we got behind a vehicle they all pulled over to let us by to enjoy the road at speed and you don't run across that very often!

• Member Contributer

Welcome from the centre of the Canadian universe and yes that is the proper spelling "center" in these parts. See my signature below this post for the mods we have made to our two VFR 1200's. Spend some time in Seventh Generation section on VFRD and you will find many threads on adjustments members have made to their rides to fix, improve or just farkle. We get out to BC every year and had a great ride from Lillooet along Hwy 99 to Whistler last summer. Tight roads and hours of twisties and best of all when we got behind a vehicle they all pulled over to let us by to enjoy the road at speed and you don't run across that very often!

I my experience, Canadians are much more courteous on the road than US drivers.

Welcome from a fellow Vancouverite

Thanks. I see you are from Maple Ridge? I am close by in Pitt Meadows

I my experience, Canadians are much more courteous on the road than US drivers.

I was just reading the topic on lane splitting and a petition to legalize it in the USA. I would like it if it was legal here, but I am sure traffic in Vancouver would not like it.

• Member Contributer

Yep, Maple Ridge! I'm so used to just saying Vancouver because even people from BC don't know where Maple Ridge is.

Look for a red VFR with a top case and a blue rider on board -- that's me. I'm out all year round and stick out like a sore thumb!

Feel free to send me a message here if you want to meet up for a ride. :)

Yep, Maple Ridge! I'm so used to just saying Vancouver because even people from BC don't know where Maple Ridge is.

Look for a red VFR with a top case and a blue rider on board -- that's me. I'm out all year round and stick out like a sore thumb!

Feel free to send me a message here if you want to meet up for a ride. :)

Blue rider? Are you in the Blueman group? :laugh: Same here for Pitt Meadows. I think it is even worse than Maple Ridge for people not knowing where I live...

Archived