Well, I Bought A New 2014 Vfr800 Deluxe Today ....

TheGoldTooth

.... $8,999 from a Honda dealer, which I thought too good a deal to pass up. I ordered it with the quickshifter and the rear tire hugger (options were 15% off if ordered with a new bike), and they quoted one hour of labor to install both. I'll be adding handlebar risers, a peg-lowering kit, and a couple of bags from Givi.

I pick it up next week to ride home if the weather is clement, or to take on a trailer if not. This spring will be fun.

TGT

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the site/club, you'll enjoy the bike even more when the warmer weather comes and you've got a few thousand miles on it :wheel:

BTW it doesn't exist until you post a pic :cheerleader:

• Member Contributer

.... $8,999 from a Honda dealer, which I thought too good a deal to pass up. I ordered it with the quickshifter and the rear tire hugger (options were 15% off if ordered with a new bike), and they quoted one hour of labor to install both. I'll be adding handlebar risers, a peg-lowering kit, and a couple of bags from Givi.

I pick it up next week to ride home if the weather is clement, or to take on a trailer if not. This spring will be fun.

TGT

Dayum!

• Member Contributer

:cheerleader: SWEET and WELCOME to the VTEC BATTALION !!! :cheerleader:

Don't you mean the VTEC Birgade?

It's red. It shares this attribute with the Ferrari I *didn't* buy today.

The $9,000 - $1 price was just for the bike. Options, taxes, fees, charges, extactions, penalties, negative discounts, gratuties, etc. were extra.

I expect them to sell quite a few more now that they have it priced right within this market.

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the asylum. Much better choice than the Ferrari you didn't buy. And it has been scientifically proven, right hear on this forum, that red is the fastest color. And that price seems like a Real Good Deal.

Congrats.

• 7 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Consider just replacing the OEM tires now.  They're quite simply junk and don't let the bike perform near to it's potential.  A new set of quality tires with a good profile will transform the handling characteristics of your bike.  FWIW.  

13 minutes ago, GatorGreg said:

15609d1202070454-my-new-toy-spyder-p1010Tire hugger looks great Nelix!  By the way is that your MR2 Spyder parked next to your VFR?  I used to have an '03 - fun car!

Not to make an Mr2 thread, but used to own 93 Mr2, fun little cars, all gens. 

Congrats to the OP: new bike & good price!

• Member Contributer
On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 0:25 PM, Nelix said:

Not much to see with the OEM hugger.

Powerbronze is far nicer imo.

IMG_0403.JPG

I just fitted an identical one in black to my 800X. Looks very good.

Just got back from dealer this afternoon.  I have a White non deluxe I am picking up tomorrow.  I am trading a CB1100 in.  The CB looked sharp but just kinda disappointed when I went on 2 long rides on it.  I also sat on the F6b again and was thinking of trading my RT and TMax in for a used F6B.    I believe a nice ride will be in order.  

Good deal - the 2014s are getting harder to find now! The Deluxe model is definitely the way to go. And the quickshifter is a nice option, but I don't know if you can add a peg lowering kit with it.

Archived