Quick Shifter Experiences

Shinigami

On 2/19/2017 at 5:43 AM, Carlosfandango said:

Having lived with the quick shifter for a year now, then I am happy to comment.  I don't usually use it for first to second, nor when just ambling around, works best when accelerating, otherwise you can use the gear change and clutch as normal.  Worked well when chasing bigger bikes on a run out!

I completely agree with this point of view, after using one since the start of last summer.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

There is another part number in the system for the QS, an updated version, part number 08U-MNM-D11.

Not too sure what the difference is between the two. The "D11" usually comes up as the replacement on the euro sites such as www.motorcyclespareparts.eu.

https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu/honda-genuine-parts/08u70mjmd11-kit-quickshifter.aspx

I've used partszilla before myself, no problems.

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 4:48 AM, Audible said:

There is another part number in the system for the QS, an updated version, part number 08U-MNM-D11.

Not too sure what the difference is between the two. The "D11" usually comes up as the replacement on the euro sites such as www.motorcyclespareparts.eu.

https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu/honda-genuine-parts/08u70mjmd11-kit-quickshifter.aspx

I've used partszilla before myself, no problems.

So, what's the difference between the two?  Should the D11 part # be purchased instead of D10?

Yeah, I guess it depends what changed.  Was it a cost reduction effort, new supplier, improvement, etc.??  Hard to say and not sure there's anyone at Honda or any dealer that can help us find out.

57 minutes ago, 14thumper said:

Yeah, I guess it depends what changed.  Was it a cost reduction effort, new supplier, improvement, etc.??  Hard to say and not sure there's anyone at Honda or any dealer that can help us find out.

If you use the original part number and type it into Honda's website it automatically redirects to the model ending in 11:

Type in: 

08U70-MJM-D10

Here:

http://shop.powersports.honda.com/home/search/16023.0.1.1?q=08U70-MJM-D10

See D11 pop up.

Hi guys,

Just installed my D11 from partszilla the other day.  Pretty straight forward install, good practice dealing with the fairings hands on for the first time lol!  

Only have a few 100 kms since the install but the part works well.  Normally wouldn't bother with a quickshifter on a sport / touring bike like the VFR, but had to give it a shot since it's an OEM part and the bike is already wired for it.  

Takes a bit to get used to (I left myself a little sticker reminder on the tach lol) but seems to function best above 6000 rpm and with greater than 1/2 open throttle.  Otherwise the shifting can be a little clunky (have other's noticed this as well?).  

Still trying to find the sweet spot...will play some more on the way home from work today :0   

p.s.  Don't forget there is a shifter fine height adjustment now, built into the horizontal rod on the QS unit....dial it in!

Archived