Looking For Exhaust Manifold

pzprider

Annoyingly enough I managed to finally get that Two Brothers Exhaust of my VFR just to find out that with it I managed to pull a part of the manifold with it. I checked it afterwards and it looks like it is rotted right through. While there are new delkevic systems out there I need to count my bucks as I also need to get my front rim fixed, chain sprockets, rubber, and exhaust... *sigh* I like my VFR and can't wait to ride but she sure is putting up a fight.

If anyone has a working Manifold Set and wants to get rid of it I would gladly take it :)

Thanks
Phil

• Member Contributer

Annoyingly enough I managed to finally get that Two Brothers Exhaust of my VFR just to find out that with it I managed to pull a part of the manifold with it. I checked it afterwards and it looks like it is rotted right through. While there are new delkevic systems out there I need to count my bucks as I also need to get my front rim fixed, chain sprockets, rubber, and exhaust... *sigh* I like my VFR and can't wait to ride but she sure is putting up a fight.

If anyone has a working Manifold Set and wants to get rid of it I would gladly take it :)

Thanks

Phil

Hi... and welcome. Maybe this link will help with your exhaust needs.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/82473-tyga-vfr800-headers/

Also, maybe an introduction might help... or a post a picture of your VFR... maybe a little background info.

• Member Contributer

Are we talking about a 1998-01 VFR800Fi? I think you mean that you were removing a TBR slip-on from an OEM exhaust, which has rotted through and pulled apart. Unfortunately, there is no real good fix for a rotted OEM exhaust, except to find another one that has not rotted through. I think I've got one stored in California, but I cannot get to it, plus, shipping that huge thing to Canada would cost more than it's worth. Keep eBaying and one will turn up eventually...

Ciao,

Thanks

Phil

Phil, if/when this TYGA exhaust project ever gets off the ground, I could perhaps sell you my OEM 5th gen header.

Not that far from Whitecourt to Kelowna, so shipping wouldn't be bad.

It's been ceramic coated, and is suffering from some discolouration, but it's completely sound, no rot whatsoever.

It all hinges on the price/availability and fitting of the as-yet not available TYGA headers from overseas though.

I'll keep you in mind, though I don't have a timeline yet. It's out of my hands.

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the feedback. And sorry i haven't introduced myself yet... My head has been deep inside my vfr.

I am a fairly "new rider" and started riding about 3.5 years ago. I right away started with a hopeless Suzuki GS500e, and completely rebuilt it. Now that I have a taste for speed I wanted something bigger and the VFR800 came along, it seemed inexpensive and well she was in rough shape (i had no illusions otherwise) :)

So I bought a Black 98 VFR800Fi with 104,000kms about 4.5 months ago for quite a bit under 1grand, however inherited right away a few issues.

Upper Stay Bent
Upper Cowl Cracked
Mirrors Bent
Front Rim Bent
Front Triple tree was lowered on the forks so the PO hit consistently the Fork Seals when slowing down
Bike wouldn't Charge battery
Chain and Sprockets are rough
Rubber... Well I should mention the PO raced this VFR so... they were nowhere near save
Levers Bent

Rear Cowl/Fender cracked and dinged quite a bit
Coolant Lines cracking and splitting
Shifters and Pegs shaved off
Incorrectly mounted Two Brothers Exhaust which cracked the inner fender

Damaged inner Fender
No Grab Bars

BUT it has an Ohlin Adjustable Racing Suspension...
Oh right I forgot that it also hadn't been ridden in a year before I got her... So yeah... I love lost causes...

I started dissembling her bit by bit with a lot of input of Zoom Zoom and we found a few little "surprises" but I am not letting those get me down (the front rim being dented being a rather big deal). I also found then that the break shifter was bent and shaved off. When I took the upper stay and cowl off I found that the dash had a cracked mount, as well as the screen mount had broken of the inside of the cowl.

Then when I discovered that the coolant lines leaked once the bike runs (great for coolant smell). That is when I decided to take the exhaust off to get to the fender and replace it with an undamaged one... So when we managed to get the exhaust off to figure out all the details of the exhaust we had a good amount of the headers in our hands as well which was a bit of a kick in the ass...

So right now I am hunting for one for a replacement low mount exhaust and the headers/manifold...

Here are some photos;

474.JPG
475.JPG476.JPG477.JPG478.JPG480.JPG482.JPG485.JPG490.JPG491.JPG492.JPG492.JPG495.JPGIMG_4305.JPG

Thanks
Phil

Phil, if/when this TYGA exhaust project ever gets off the ground, I could perhaps sell you my OEM 5th gen header.

Not that far from Whitecourt to Kelowna, so shipping wouldn't be bad.

It's been ceramic coated, and is suffering from some discolouration, but it's completely sound, no rot whatsoever.

It all hinges on the price/availability and fitting of the as-yet not available TYGA headers from overseas though.

I'll keep you in mind, though I don't have a timeline yet. It's out of my hands.

That would be absolutely amazing VeeferCanuck ... I am a patient guy, plus i still have to find an exhaust as well.

I will take a picture of the exhaust and the mid pipe as well here in the next day as well. She still is a lot of work but I am willing to do it, I just can't wait to ride her... <- did this sound weird to anyone else?

Thanks

Phil

• Member Contributer

She looks like she's been ridden hard... I'm glad to hear you are giving her the TLC she deserves... good luck!

I do have a set of '98 headers in decent nick but I have to ship them to Tyga so I don't think I'll have them for awhile... if ever.

Ha Thanks :) Switchblade and Rush

So good news... I found the front headers... muahaha... now i just have to fix the rest... :D which leaves the last big issue (please please please let it the last BIG) issue :). Anyone have a decent lower mount exhaust can? hehe

Thanks everyone I really appreciate the help and advice

Phil

Archived