Valve Stems

wera803

Thanks for the post. Bought some today. :fing02:

Shipping looks like it adds another $12.73 for me for 2 sets. I ended up just ordering 2 sets from Amazon, which came from MotoMummy for $24/set shipped free. I have Prime too, so got them in 2 days.

The fine print says it's a painted or lacquered finish, not anodized.

Genuine Ariete/Bridgeport valve stems cost only a couple dollars more and are proven reliable.

Are the original bridgeport stems anodised? Mine are laquered. Browsing some local webstores they all look laquered to me and expensive compared to what I read here. One shop has a sign next to a picture of the bridgeport stems that says it is the lowest price in The Netherlands, guaranteed. They charge €45 a pair :laugh:

image.jpg

• Member Contributer

I'll say this, the ones from NoMar are made by K&L and appeared to be fine and so far have lasted me for at least 2-3 tire changes (~22k miles/~15k miles), depending on which bike I refer to. As far as I can tell, the ones you get from Kurvey Girl are about the same in make and quality. Can I prove that? No, other than having the KG ones on my Duc and the NoMar ones on mine and a few other friends wheels, can I say I have both types and cannot tell the difference. I actually have a handful of these I keep on hand so when I change friends tires and they want some angled stems, I can just reach for them and install them.

post-23057-0-67985200-1453238529.jpg

post-23057-0-13183200-1453238541.jpg

• Member Contributer

My guess is that the original Bridgeport valves were not even annodised (or possibly only annodised clear)--distributors like Ariete bought them in bulk, annodised them in several colours and marketed them to grateful motorcyclists around the world. Bridgeport later started to annodise the valves themselves (they show them in four colours in a recent catalogue). Perhaps some other distributors have decided it's cheaper/better to paint the bare valves, rather than annodise them? The history is a bit murky...

[Edit: K&L is definitely big enough to have Bridgeport make the valves with a "K" instead of a "B"... or have them copied and made in China if Bridgeport doesn't have the legal right to stop them.]

Ciao,

• Member Contributer
  • Member Contributer

Wow. That's cheap. But, looking at the pics on the DK site, those valves look like Bridgeport's (they've got the "Bs") seconds--or maybe thirds!

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Just had a set from Kurveygirl.com installed on my '97's wheels yesterday (1/18)....no grinding involved. Sooooo much nicer than fighting with the straight rubber valve stems, especially when one of them was split and leaking!

I'll say this, the ones from NoMar are made by K&L and appeared to be fine and so far have lasted me for at least 2-3 tire changes (~22k miles/~15k miles), depending on which bike I refer to. As far as I can tell, the ones you get from Kurvey Girl are about the same in make and quality. Can I prove that? No, other than having the KG ones on my Duc and the NoMar ones on mine and a few other friends wheels, can I say I have both types and cannot tell the difference. I actually have a handful of these I keep on hand so when I change friends tires and they want some angled stems, I can just reach for them and install them.

Thank you for the review. This is exactly what I was looking for and will order a few extra sets to keep on hand.

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

www.soundrider.com black anodized 84 degree valve stems $10. Installed 2 years ago and still holding air like a champ

• 10 months later...
On 1/10/2016 at 7:32 PM, Shinigami said:

Or you could buy them for about the same price from the proven vendor with the sketchy name.

(I get mine from my local shop, about $7.00 installed.)

I live in Phoenix, can you shoot me a message.  My front valve stem is cut at the bottom.  Rear is fine, these are both straight stems, but I'm having issues with the front losing pressure pretty much daily.  I'm curious what the price would be to just change the stem and where to do it at, the tire is perfectly fine. Any advice would be appreciated!

-Detroitrockcity

Archived