Bell & 360Fly Announce New Helmet W/cam, Bt, Crash Detection, Gps, And Other Features ....

JNBarrett

I saw this too - cool ideas. As always, my concern lies in how much it all weighs.

I've owned 8 different helmets (I think) and unfailingly the less they weighed, the more comfortable I found them to be while riding.

Batteries/cameras/sensors can't be light.

I saw this too - cool ideas. As always, my concern lies in how much it all weighs.

I've owned 8 different helmets (I think) and unfailingly the less they weighed, the more comfortable I found them to be while riding.

Batteries/cameras/sensors can't be light.

This is something I keep going back and forth on as well ... I'm not sure I want to add the extra weight on the helmet.

I was going to try and get in on the Fusar but then what am I really accomplishing? I already have a GoPro and I can buy a headset at any time ... I rarely use GPS and prefer the clear top map pocket along with some real maps (easier to find adventure at stops vs. a tiny screen).

For me it's about the camera mostly - I like to record video of my trips. I can do without the rest of it, although it is nice to have communication in a group - when I'm not, I'm listening to music and enjoying the ride.

For me it's about the camera mostly - I like to record video of my trips. I can do without the rest of it, although it is nice to have communication in a group - when I'm not, I'm listening to music and enjoying the ride.

Have you checked out the sena 10c helmet cam/comm system? My buddy has one and loves it.

http://www.sena.com/product/10c/

Have you checked out the sena 10c helmet cam/comm system? My buddy has one and loves it.

http://www.sena.com/product/10c/

I have! It's great - I know a guy who has one. After some thought though, I like my camera mounted stationary to the bike.

After watching a lot of videos with a head mounted cam, I find it irritating all the bobbing about and and looking around. I know another guy with a Sena Backpack for the GoPro. We used it on our trip last summer around Michigan's UP and Wisconsin Alphabets. It works fantastic.

My take on the helmet cam angle is that they are better for dashcam type use as you record what you see vs just one angle out front. The sena 10c being built in with comm and a set it and forget it kind of usage means it is as good as it gets for us in that regard right now, though it is not perfect. Battery life is only like 3 hours when recording video, though it will work if you plug it in so you can run it off of a usb battery pack in your pocket to get more life out of it. That sena backpack looks great for documenting trips though.

• Member Contributer

This tech is inevitable for motorcyclists and very soon. I am a road bicycle enthusiast as well and am looking at HUD (Heads UP Display) technology for my ride. If you think motorbike enthusiasts worry about weight get together with the spandex set where grams are an issue. Anyway there are all sorts of solutions now that are very light cropping up for bicycle users which are transferable to motorbikes if you wear sunglasses under your helmet. Below are two links if you are at all interested in the topic.

http://store.reconinstruments.com/Recon-Jet/Recon-Jet-White

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2016/01/garmin-varia-vision-hud.html

I have no financial interest in either of these, just throwing it out there.

Interesting. But looks like it will come with a pretty good learning curve.

And no doubt a 4 figure price tag. :sleep:

Archived