Frame Sliders For 8Th Gen

VcFR

• Member Contributer

What are your opinions on the frame sliders available for the 8th gen? Have you installed them? I hope not, but have you had to use them? Please share any info you may have. TIA

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Not sure that helps but I bought the ebay costly frame sliders.

Wil install them later this week.

They look sturdy and well made.

Which ones are those?

I've only seen R&G ones

• Member Contributer

I have the T Rex installed. Hope to never test them, but they look like a quality good.

Do they affect how the fairings fit?

• Member Contributer

I too have the T-Rex installed. (Pricey) Definitely sturdy I hope I never have to test them. Fit and finish was spot on. A few picks; you don't have to strip the bike this naked to install I was installing my center stand (Amazing how much I had to dismantle the bike for 1 bolt)

post-31918-0-50306700-1451357890.jpeg

post-31918-0-01215800-1451357929.jpeg

post-31918-0-56571900-1451357980.jpeg

• Member Contributer

Nice one Fz6wja, that's just what I needed to know, I've now got some headed over the pond to me

I did install my TREX frame sliders today.

THey don't look sturdy they are really sturdy.

Mounting was a piece a cake. Only challenge was to remove the fairing..

I actually didn't remove fully the fairing. I just unscrewed all screws and that's all.

I did take a bit late. It was too dark to take reasonnable pics. Will do that tomorrow.

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the pics sdouble, how long did it take? :unsure:

It took me a little more than 1 hour. I didn't remove the fairing fully. I do think that it could be much faster if you are used to remove the fairing.

I rode the bike today and I must say that those sliders are not as well designed as I expected.

The spacers for the bracket are too long. Due to that, the boots hit the bracket when I change gear or when I brake... not as happy with that product as I expected...

I may get used to that... I'll see and report.

I suggest not to buy the T-REX frame sliders currently. I contacted T-REX and it seems that they are working on an upgrade.

Curently, the design of the bracket and its spacer prevent from shifting up properly

• Member Contributer

I suggest not to buy the T-REX frame sliders currently. I contacted T-REX and it seems that they are working on an upgrade.

Curently, the design of the bracket and its spacer prevent from shifting up properly

Does that mean they will replace yours (and mine, due here tomorrow)?

• Member Contributer

I´ve fitted the GSG sliders. No need to cut the fairing. Nice finish. Greetings Jens

http://www.gsg-mototechnik.de/

Have you got any other pics?

The GSG site doesn't really explain how they fit together

Thanks

The base plate is bolted to the frame. There`s a adapter brace bolted to the base plate. This adapter fits into the vent of the side fairing an can be easily removed (f.e. to remove the fairing). The base plate remains bolted to the frame. The adapter is for energy absorption. Bolted to the adapter is a slider which can be easily removed and renewed in case of a minor damage. See pics.

post-33579-0-52993700-1452519629.jpg

post-33579-0-87237700-1452519641.jpg

post-33579-0-57946300-1452519663.jpg

post-33579-0-73462800-1452519675.jpg

post-33579-0-99152400-1452519693.jpg

post-33579-0-63032300-1452519713.jpg

I don't know if the 8th Gen is different in different countries or not but in the USA, the TREX install and works beautifully with zero shift issues. My fiancé and I both have the Gen 8 VFR800 with the TREX sliders and have never experienced any shift issues.

Archived