Frame Sliders For 8Th Gen

VcFR

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Embarrassing... :wacko: ...

No mounting instructions. Obviously they bolt differently than the previous version.

Didn't find a proper way to mount the new sliders onto the bracket.

waiting for an update from T-Rex

• 3 weeks later...

I recently installed these and like them for the most part. Only issue I run into is that my shin will hit the bracket when I down shift if my foot is too far forward on the peg. I'm getting used to positioning my foot correctly but if the bracket was slightly forward I probably wouldn't have any issue.

• Member Contributer

I see that we are facing the very same problem :beer:

Have you fitted your new ones yet?

If so any improvement?

• Member Contributer

Looks like the GSG ones from Germany are the better option.

They have distributors in the USA too.

I have the T-Rex sliders and yes i used them and they performed as advertised. Kept most of the weight off my leg, yes i hung on during the slide.

I have no issues with the shifter with my T-Rex sliders on my 14 VFR 800

• 3 weeks later...

There are no instructions I asked them and they said they would have to get the engineers onto it, so there are none.

It's not too hard. You can see from pics the 2 bolts to use. Take out one at a time then choose the T. rex bolt that with the spacer is the same length. It's not too hard to figure out which bolt and spacer goes where. Then do them up to the same tightness. No need to cut or remove fairings. They seem very solid and a nice fit.

• 3 weeks later...

Accidentally dropped the bike gently on its side onto concrete when moving it in a driveway. The slider totally worked and nor a scratch on the bike. It already paid for itself. Blody heavy bike to lift, had to get a helper. Someone must have glued it to the ground when I wasn't looking. I could barely move it.

• 11 months later...

Had a random mishap with mine recently since my last post.  Bike was covered in the rains we had recently and the wind whipping through the parking lot must've picked it up and flopped it on it's side.  

I have some photos attached of the damage with the slider and then the subsequent replacement sliders...evidently I had the older design.  Like the new ones way way more. :) 

damaged1.jpg

new1.jpg

new2.jpg

new3.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 2/24/2016 at 3:41 AM, Dutchy said:

Looks like the GSG ones from Germany are the better option.

They have distributors in the USA too.

Totally agree Dutchy. I'm with you. Gonna order a set soon. More muted and less obtrusive than the T-Rex's (both versions) in my humble opinion. I'll post some pics once they're on. 

By the way you mentioned GSG has a US distributor. Who? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2016 at 6:27 AM, Pjcliffo said:

Accidentally dropped the bike gently on its side onto concrete when moving it in a driveway. The slider totally worked and nor a scratch on the bike. It already paid for itself. Blody heavy bike to lift, had to get a helper. Someone must have glued it to the ground when I wasn't looking. I could barely move it.

You sir need to hit the gym. I dropped my CTX1300 twice and got it back up alone , it weighs 730 pounds. Hence another reason I moved to the VFR.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, rckrzy1 said:

You sir need to hit the gym. I dropped my CTX1300 twice and got it back up alone , it weighs 730 pounds. Hence another reason I moved to the VFR.

Wait! If we all just start going to the gym willy-nilly, that's going to burn up a lot of time that could be better spent drinking beer, riding our motorcycles, or watching Champions League. So, before anybody resorts to extreme solutions like improved diet or exercise, let's first be sure we are using optimum technique:

https://team-oregon.org/resources/lifting

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, RobF said:

Wait! If we all just start going to the gym willy-nilly, that's going to burn up a lot of time that could be better spent drinking beer, riding our motorcycles, or watching Champions League. So, before anybody resorts to extreme solutions like improved diet or exercise, let's first be sure we are using optimum technique:

Thanks for that link. It reminds me of my day-dream of a device with "hooks" on the bottom that fasten to the frame where the dude in the link has his hands. The hooks would be on a wide strap that goes around my shoulders, like piano movers only in reverse. My old hands can't keep hold of the frame.

On 03/05/2017 at 6:21 AM, rckrzy1 said:

On 03/05/2017 at 6:21 AM, rckrzy1 said:

I deliberately chose not to show off my superb 65 year old muscles and a younger passerby was eager to assist so I made him feel good by helping. Obviously I could have lifted it with one hand if I chose to.

On 2016-01-03 at 5:41 PM, sdouble said:

received kit :

img_2011.jpg

img_2012.jpg

sliders mounted :

img_2013.jpg

img_2014.jpg

img_2015.jpg

Ok, I know, poor pics and dirty bike... but could be worse taken into consideration the Paris weather !

:angry:

On 2016-01-03 at 5:41 PM, sdouble said:

received kit :

img_2011.jpg

img_2012.jpg

sliders mounted :

img_2013.jpg

img_2014.jpg

img_2015.jpg

Ok, I know, poor pics and dirty bike... but could be worse taken into consideration the Paris weather !

:angry:

T. rex used and worked as advertised.

• Member Contributer
On ‎02‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 10:53 PM, RobF said:

"better spent drinking beer," - check

"riding our motorcycles" - check

"or watching Champions League" - errrr......seriously? Wendyball? It's about as interesting as watching paint dry with the painters being sooooo overpaid and self-important falling over crying in agony because they scratched a fingernail.  :goofy:

Archived