How To Fix Vfr1200 Seat Crack

arturelagin

The stock seat covering is bonded to the foam, so you can't replace the covering only. There are seat covering and foam combo kits you can buy, but not sure about what's available locally there in Putin-land. Or you can get a covering only and just cover over the whole seat as is. That is probably the most economical method.

Too bad you're that far away. I actually have a stock seat foam with covering in excellent shape, which I removed for a Saddlemen's seat kit.

Or perhaps an upholstery shop. Although putting on a cover might not be too hard to do yourself if so inclined.

Welcome from Los Angeles. :beer:

• Member Contributer

That is a common problem with the 2010 model years, Honda updated the seat design in 2012. I had two seats both come apart and both were replaced under warranty. The last one was replaced with the newer model and no problems since. :beer:

• Member Contributer

My 2012 separated in the same place on both sides..19k miles....not really worried, I'm going to go with a Sergeant Seat eventually...

If you plan on keeping the stock seat, do get that fixed, I've seen too many rotted seat foam from ripped covering. Once water gets soaked into the foam, it's hard to dry it out completely. Over time, it gets nasty.

• Member Contributer

I wouldn't recommend Topsellerie, they made a mess of a seat my friend got from them, pure junk.

There is a seller on ebay in Germany that does great seat covers, eg Vfr item number 131661440286

or try BS-Motoparts in Germany also.

• Member Contributer

Agree with Saoirse, i saw the seat in question, total pile of shite. Mind you it was on a BMW F800. :wink:

Archived