Two Brothers Header Replication!

I'm wondering if Paul is talking about the vfr 800 header project? He said Russel sent him the original header. Which Rush2112 did, so is Rush2112 and Russel the same person? Because i haven't heard anything about anybody sending their 4th gen header to Tyga.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Alhazred. I speak to Paul every now & then about other stuff and he mentioned the header again, so I shared what he'd said that's all.

Being in Japan, I don't really have any intention of dealing with Tyga with regard to this particular project so forgive me if you thought I was stepping on your feet here.

I don't mind sharing the cost of getting a left hand exit header to Tyga if that helps and think that's a good idea.

Nothing to forgive my friend,just a misunderstanding.

The Stig, could you double check with paul which gen header he was talking about? He's been mixing up the 4th gen with the 5/6th gen before.☺

• Member Contributer

I'm wondering if Paul is talking about the vfr 800 header project? He said Russel sent him the original header. Which Rush2112 did, so is Rush2112 and Russel the same person? Because i haven't heard anything about anybody sending their 4th gen header to Tyga.

I am one and the same. This separate 4th gen project has introduced confusion for Matt & Paul with multiple VFR contacts... because of these separate streams of conversation they thought I was sending them a TBR header that someone from this thread had mentioned to them.

I currently have an agreement with Tyga for a $6000 order for starting the VFR800 performance headers. Can we please hold off on the multiple contacts until the VFR800 headers are in production?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

It was posted on page two that they wouldn't be looking into this until the 800 project was finished so I don't see any reason anyone should be contacting them about it.

Well, it appears at least two other people are communicating with Paul and creating confusion. Matt, who does all the engineering & fabrication work at Tyga, emailed me wondering where the TBR header was...

I never mentioned to Matt or Paul about providing a TBR header. I don't have one. I have had detailed discussions with Matt and he asked me to send the two OEM headers, one with a cat and one without so he would have both 5th and 6th gen headers and have more than one reference point.

Now it appears someone led Paul to believe that TBR headers were being shipped to him and he feels like he wasted $300+ and I look like an ass.

In June I will have been working on this exhaust header project for three years... whoever is communicating with Tyga please stop until the VFR800 headers are in production.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That's what i agreed with paul, first they will finish the 5/6th gen then we can start to discuss the 3/4th gen.

But i got a little confused after the post from the stig.

Hopefully everyone can agree from here out to not send anymore emails concerning the 4th gen exhaust to Tyga to avoid any further confusion,it's only hurting our chances to actually make this happen.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a set of low right hand exit headers and a Delk GP silencer that I'm contemplating getting rid of. 

Its a genuine TBR system stamped 93, that has been ceramic coated. 

If anyone is interested in them PM me. 

Thanks. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm also curious about this. I have a TBR low right exit exhaust system that the right rear header to block is cracked really bad and has a sporty repair on. Can't find anyone who could fix or replicate the pipe. If these guys could do it or even just get a new system I'm in. I've been pondering the Black widow system for a while now...

Miles

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a particular reason why Tyga need to be the guys for this work? There's a sh*t tonne of exhaust fabricators out there that could make light work of this. All they'd need is the TBR/a left exit set of headers. It's not like there's a shortage of owners willing to lend them out for the project. I bet Delkevic could be talked into this, albeit they have their end cans/link pipes made up in China en masse.

Seems a bit mental waiting on Tyga.

30 minutes ago, 750 said:

Is there a particular reason why Tyga need to be the guys for this work? There's a sh*t tonne of exhaust fabricators out there that could make light work of this. All they'd need is the TBR/a left exit set of headers. It's not like there's a shortage of owners willing to lend them out for the project. I bet Delkevic could be talked into this, albeit they have their end cans/link pipes made up in China en masse.

Seems a bit mental waiting on Tyga.

Right now I'm working with a private fabricator who is rebuilding a section of my two Bros header and also making a collector and high mount mid pipe. He's also working with another to replicate a set of 5th gen headers. They are out there, just gotta find the right people!! 

Exactly, I'm sure with a bit of cash laid down and some coercing, they could be talked into producing something to order. The demand is certainly there, I just don't think Tyga are the be all and end all (although I do respect their attention to detail and skillset!)

I agree. Seems like people are leaning the if Tyga can't do it nobody can way. Which isn't true, but I understand since this is the first time there's been hope for aftermarket performance headers for the VFR in years. If this guy can do custom header system for the 5th gen, then a 4th two Bros replica would be easy. Just getting the funding and people to follow through is what's key. I'll post photos of this guy's work on my Two Brothers header when it's complete!

• Member Contributer

Anyone interested in 5 gen or 6 gen headers prototyped based on TBR units and refined with dyno testing can check out the 'Help fund the VFR header' thread on vfrw. User RVFR on that site has started a gofundme.com account to help fund a prototype and testing. Some of us have kicked in between $10 and $50 on gofundme to further the cause. RVFR is geographically close to a very talented custom exhaust fabricator and they are working together on a VFR header system [the thread has photo examples of the fabricator's work]. It seems to be a well thought out project and is making progress. Sadly, 4 gen headers have not yet been discussed.

1 hour ago, sfdownhill said:

Anyone interested in 5 gen or 6 gen headers prototyped based on TBR units and refined with dyno testing can check out the 'Help fund the VFR header' thread on vfrw. User RVFR on that site has started a gofundme.com account to help fund a prototype and testing. Some of us have kicked in between $10 and $50 on gofundme to further the cause. RVFR is geographically close to a very talented custom exhaust fabricator and they are working together on a VFR header system [the thread has photo examples of the fabricator's work]. It seems to be a well thought out project and is making progress. Sadly, 4 gen headers have not yet been discussed.

Yup, same guy! His work is fantastic. I met up with RFVR and the fabricator as well and he knows his stuff! He now has a 4th Two Bros and a 5th gen factory system on his desk. Although my system is there for repair only, but it seemed that replicating it would be within his ability. I would love to contribute to all of your causes in getting a replica made, but no such business has been discussed with the man. This is something that would have to be discussed through RVFR. But for those with 5th gens and of interest, definitely contribute!! For if all goes well, maybe he can be tricked into doing the same for the 4th gen... ?

Miles

Are 3rd and 4th gen 2Bros systems the same? I know the Sebring on mine won't fit a 4th gen as it will hit the shock linkage etc, so will only bolt onto a 3rd gen

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, RC36 said:

Are 3rd and 4th gen 2Bros systems the same? I know the Sebring on mine won't fit a 4th gen as it will hit the shock linkage etc, so will only bolt onto a 3rd gen

You refer -I think- to the 3rd gen left exit system; that indeed doesnot fit a 4th gen (as I found out myself...)

There are Sebrings out there that do fit (the OEM collector box) :goofy:

post-4467-0-50773100-1483606317.jpg.ae15cbc9f298ecc4879cd8bf93f670fd.jpg

post-4467-0-71508500-1483606328.jpg.612a0845a4cdd08937299e68f4bf3d3e.jpg

20170103_134724a.jpg.f497358d7e418c94b5ecae4a823a2499.jpg

post-4467-0-22567500-1483606435.jpg.c03318f1408362c1e949a2406364b25f.jpg

this a NOS that is for sale locally in NL

And TBH I don't think you missed out on this not having this system, Dutchy. It was a pig to fit and an even bigger pig to tune the carbs to it. Would I do it again? Doubt it.

Archived