Fuse Box Cover Removal

Hi folks,

There is obviously some trick to removing the fuse box cover. I just don't know it. I have only had it open once before and fought with it then. Now my hand is all scratched up again from trying to open it today. I can't imagine doing this on the side of the road at midnight. Is my hand just too big?

When I get it open this time I'll fix it so this never happens again.

Thanks,

Glenn

Well, I'm sure someone's figured out a way. I'm taking the mid-fairing off and releasing the tab from below. Then I think I'll trim said tab so it's a snug fit instead of a locking fit.

Cheers,

Glenn

• Member Contributer

On the rare roadside occasion I just wiggled a screwdriver under the lid and used leverage :-)

On the rare roadside occasion I just wiggled a screwdriver under the lid and used leverage :-)

I wish. I can barely get my finger under the tab. There is no way to get a screwdriver in there from above. Maybe the '97 has it mounted slightly differently? No problem, I'll get it done today.

Cheers,

Glenn

On my Gen 3 I put a small screwdriver through the fairing as shown, and use it to press the bottom of the clip towards the rear, which releases it. The blade of the screwdriver can't be too long or the fairing will prevent it getting to the needed angle...mine is about the same length as the fuse box.

post-16849-0-33657700-1448247795.jpg

On my Gen 3 I put a small screwdriver through the fairing as shown, and use it to press the bottom of the clip towards the rear, which releases it. The blade of the screwdriver can't be too long or the fairing will prevent it getting to the needed angle...mine is about the same length as the fuse box.

Thanks! That's a good idea.

Cheers,

Glenn

Archived