CornerCarver

• Member Contributer

And in the meantime, other manufacturers are developing and marketing similar devices. The fact that we've pre-purchased the Fusar makes this even harder to take.

Don't get me wrong, I am keen to receive my camera and I wouldn't have invested in advance without realising there could be issues, but we are customers and they are the providers and so far, they haven't.

How long does one wait?

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

To be honest, even before the Skully scandal, I have been very reluctant in funding some of these types of products. Being an early adopter can be both rewarding and frustrating. Having worked for a company that at one time was producing more "vaporware" than actual product, I use to field the phone calls of people asking and demanding the product that was taking forever to come to fruition. Talk about frustration, it was on both ends of the phone. As I couldn't do anything about it and they couldn't deliver to their customers. Which probably plays a factor in why I don't like to jump onboard right away.

For me, the incentive to be an early adopter would be if I would receive perpetual updates or upgrades, either gratis or at a very reduced rate. As another company I was part of did. Early adopters were given a free lifetime upgrade of their software. Although they did have to pay for additional licenses, each licensed version of the software was valid for upgrading. Yes, both the company and the buyer had some growing pains but ultimately when things started to even out, both client and company began to grow their respective businesses.

Hopefully this product will prove to be all that it's claiming to be and that it comes sooner than later. Crossing my fingers for you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Dug my headset out yesterday to put in my new Shark Spartan Carbon helmet . Haven't used it for six months as the volume was shite on it. Now it won't pair with my Samsung S7 phone!!

Getting fed up now.

• Member Contributer

Latest email includes this rather annoying statement:

In addition, we're tracking very well with the production of the FUSAR Camera. We will continue to post updates on our testing and manufacturing processes as frequently as possible...

• Member Contributer

The only ray of hope I can offer is I think they recently had another $1 m in backing from a venture group? To be honest I'm not planning on anything. If it turns up it turns up. 

Least I got my handlebar control ( useful as an ashtray on a motorbike) and the headset which still has a limited volume range.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

A little good news .

Big updates to the FUSAR app this week!

We're now live in Spanish and Japanese, and we've also added full support for Spotify music controls using the FUSAR Handlebar Remote Control!

Spring is here. Are you ready to ride? Download the free FUSAR app today: http://bit.ly/FusarApp

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, Switchblade said:

A little good news .

Big updates to the FUSAR app this week!

We're now live in Spanish and Japanese, and we've also added full support for Spotify music controls using the FUSAR Handlebar Remote Control!

Spring is here. Are you ready to ride? Download the free FUSAR app today: http://bit.ly/FusarApp

"Little" being the operative word there.

• Member Contributer

At last i can use my Japanese. 

ついに私は日本語を使うことができます

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Any word?

Already a year overdue and still no idea when we get our cameras.

In the meantime, the competition is encroaching and there are some very capable cameras out there that come very close to replicating the capabilities of the Fusar and they actually exist! The full biking season draws near (although I have been riding all winter) and I really want a camera with the ability to lock a recording in case of an accident and the Nextbase Ride seems to do that, albeit with dubious battery life and no automatic calling of the cavalry (emergency services) in the case of an off but tbh, I can live without that because at least I'D HAVE A FECKING CAMERA!

Any chance I can get my money back? :mad: Sarcasm!

• Member Contributer
23 minutes ago, Skids said:

Any word?

Already a year overdue and still no idea when we get our cameras.

In the meantime, the competition is encroaching and there are some very capable cameras out there that come very close to replicating the capabilities of the Fusar and they actually exist! The full biking season draws near (although I have been riding all winter) and I really want a camera with the ability to lock a recording in case of an accident and the Nextbase Ride seems to do that, albeit with dubious battery life and no automatic calling of the cavalry (emergency services) in the case of an off but tbh, I can live without that because at least I'D HAVE A FECKING CAMERA!

Any chance I can get my money back? :mad: Sarcasm!

Agree. I'm getting fed up now. 

• Member Contributer

Well, I've already mentally written it off.  Hell, I just recently got stung for more than this thing cost in international UPS shipping charges on a $35 order... (Credit card company will be hearing about that one, I can assure you!)

It would be nice to get the camera, and even nicer if it works as advertised.  (I don't think I will be "crowdfunding" anything else for a while, though.)

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

When i received the free t shirt and sunglasses i got stung for $30 import duty!! For a gift probably worth $15. Dread to think what (if) the camera will cost, unless there's any US members would take FREE delivery and post it on. :wink:

• Member Contributer

My apologies if you invested more in this crowdfunding that you are comfortable letting "ride" while awaiting the actual product release because of my bringing it your attention.

If anyone abroad would like me to receive their camera and post it to you privately to avoid additional fees pm me.

If you bought into this because of my posting and want out pm me and I will reimburse you and you can send me the product when it arrives.

I too see competitive products encroaching on or possibly exceeding the design spec for the Fusar and am disappointed  in the delays. I am not inside Fusar so i don't know if this is a case of perfect being the enemy of good enough in a world where consumers are the beta testers for most products purchased or if the delays are a result typical start up under-estimations of timelines and obstacles.

keith

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, CornerCarver said:

My apologies if you invested more in this crowdfunding that you are comfortable letting "ride" while awaiting the actual product release because of my bringing it your attention.

If anyone abroad would like me to receive their camera and post it to you privately to avoid additional fees pm me.

If you bought into this because of my posting and want out pm me and I will reimburse you and you can send me the product when it arrives.

I too see competitive products encroaching on or possibly exceeding the design spec for the Fusar and am disappointed  in the delays. I am not inside Fusar so i don't know if this is a case of perfect being the enemy of good enough in a world where consumers are the beta testers for most products purchased or if the delays are a result typical start up under-estimations of timelines and obstacles.

keith

CC, that's a very kind offer, but I came into this eyes open. It's not your fault nor your responsibility.

• Member Contributer

As skids said we all  bought into this of our own free will. Please dont feel responsible in any way. It's not as if we are losing our life savings! I am sure it will arrive, only the time frame is frustrating.

The offer of the postage forwarding would be most welcome, thank you. Bringing stuff in now from the States is getting expensive and the price difference on parts is obscene. For example just bought a FPR for my Bird, OEM. States price $42, UK price $88. 

• Member Contributer
On 2/13/2016 at 9:18 AM, Switchblade said:

No not sour grapes, read about too many that do not make it to production. I hope you get what you paid for .

Well nobody's fault for sure, not even FUSAR's, I'm sure they have and continue to have well intentions  ..

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, Switchblade said:

Well nobody's fault for sure, not even FUSAR's, I'm sure they have and continue to have well intentions  ..

Seriously? A company asks for money to develop and deliver a product by a specified date. They get the money, but they miss the delivery date, and this isn't their fault? In what universe?

Either they miscalculated how long it would take to spec their parts, they miscalculated how long it would take to develop their product once they got their

parts, or they miscalculated the amount of money they would need to do either or both. Or a combination of all three, how is this not their fault?

I'm sorry if this sounds like a bit of a rant, but I just couldn't let the statement that "it wasn't their fault" go unchallenged. It sure ain't the tooth fairy's fault. :beer:

• Member Contributer

As this is an Indigo buy we all took a chance with inherent possible risks. This may be taking longer than we thought but hey ho, that's life. It will come eventually, im certainly not going to lose any sleep over it. 

Archived