Tyga Vfr800 Headers

Rush2112

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Duc2V4 said:

I take it you were able to grab them...?

And more importantly ? will u still be going ahead with the crowd fund build 

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, RVFR said:

nanana,       Gee, it only took what, over 2 years to be in the spot to grab and run. .   

Were you able to get these or someone else local to here?

Art

• Member Contributer

the headers on the go fund me page are just a example of what the guy has done before.

On 3/7/2017 at 7:22 PM, boOZZIE said:

And more importantly ? will u still be going ahead with the crowd fund build 

Yep, more so now than ever,  since I have the real deal in my hands to go by,  there won't be any guessing.

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, RVFR said:

Yep, more so now than ever,  since I have the real deal in my hands to go by,  there won't be any guessing.

The crowd fund doesn't seem to be going anywhere, 

So does your lucky buy reduce the need for crowd fund.

Can Gabe make the jig from them and would "we"(tyga header group buy list ,30 odd people) be happy with switching manufacturer? 

Build it and they will come

• Member Contributer

12 hours ago, boOZZIE said:

The crowd fund doesn't seem to be going anywhere, 

So does your lucky buy reduce the need for crowd fund.

Can Gabe make the jig from them and would "we"(tyga header group buy list ,30 odd people) be happy with switching manufacturer? 

Build it and they will come

True, up to a $ point.  I'm in no matter the maker or material as long as the price is reasonable.

If cost was no object, there are builders out there, but most are reluctant to drop more than half the value of the bike on their services.

Good question Ozzie.  On the if the folks from the TYGA build would want to sorta jump ship?  IDK.   Thing is after watching the TYGA build and after a few conversations with themm kinda left a unsettling feeling If,  just what would we be getting for the money? Then of all thing Gabe shows up showing me his skill set. After a lot of number crunching for my own good,  figure I could handle a build of my own once I had a stock header off the 98 from a great member here.  Gabe then was able to get down to a more logical number that in turn made it a bit not doable for me to pull off as we first talked about,  so figure why not try a crowd funding. Fast forward to today with the 2bro header coming,  this pretty much takes the guess work out of the replication process. So yes, I have it to make the jig off the 2 bro. I also now have it to do a comparison between what Gabe creates and this 2bro.  knowing proof is in the read out.  I'm not just looking for a so so header, it needs to perform.  So if folks want to make a commitment to the build,  that would spend up the process. As it stands now, My work load that creates the extra cash flow hasn't hit full stride,  so in the mean time we're working it as I can.  FWIW my figuring,  if i was to get 100 folks with a $20 dollar donation things would go full steam ahead asap. 

18 minutes ago, MadScientist said:

True, up to a $ point.  I'm in no matter the maker or material as long as the price is reasonable.

If cost was no object, there are builders out there, but most are reluctant to drop more than half the value of the bike on their services.

In that Gabe and I talked about after the jig build proto type working the kinks out,  he has a mandrel bender guy in the pipe, says it could reduce the cost down,  how much hasn't been figured. Thing is with the TYGA build being $600? a couple years ago,  then when Gabe and I started this it was in the $800  area for me.  But now after all the details being worked into the first round the one off was going to run me $13-500 then there's the dyno time.  That wasn't doable,  add that to whats the bike worth for me, just wasn't there, yet.  I had set my sights on it was worth the 1K considering what I knew what I'd be getting. Now Gabe and I are playing out how many vs, costs.  Obliviously the more made the less.  lol then there's shipping ;)  But the question remains whats the demographics like when folks have a $3-4-5K bike that would want to spend a $1k.?   My thinking is,  if i get the numbers I'm shooting for,  it just may play  out.

In that Gabe and I talked about after the jig build proto type working the kinks out,  he has a mandrel bender guy in the pipe, says it could reduce the cost down,  how much hasn't been figured. Thing is with the TYGA build being $600? a couple years ago,  then when Gabe and I started this it was in the $800  area for me.  But now after all the details being worked into the first round the one off was going to run me $13-500 then there's the dyno time.  That wasn't doable,  add that to whats the bike worth for me, just wasn't there, yet.  I had set my sights on it was worth the 1K considering what I knew what I'd be getting. Now Gabe and I are playing out how many vs, costs.  Obliviously the more made the less.  lol then there's shipping ;)  But the question remains whats the demographics like when folks have a $3-4-5K bike that would want to spend a $1k.?   My thinking is,  if i get the numbers I'm shooting for,  it just may play  out.

Demographics is also price related in another way, where I live the first 5th gen can be sold for as much as 6000usd...
I have no problems paying 10% of that Ex shipping...

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, MadScientist said:

I tried a manufacturer locally , who didn't seem interested after several msgs.

Well you already have a 1998 header baseline. Time to install the two brothers header and get a baseline on that. Then get Gabe to make his replica and see if that can top the two brothers.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

My view on TYGA is that they had a point man in Rush and for some reason (good thoughts) he is no longer in contact. Then CornerCarver came to the front and got dicked around. All the while over the years TYGA haven't joined in on this forum to spout their eagerness to move forward, so for me, Gabe seems like the man.

Others whom have the 2bros system - chime in - seem to be more than happy.

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, RVFR said:

Dude,  this guy is good.  Gabe that is.  

DSCF0925.JPG

Man, that's some aerospace quality work there, and I've been in the Shuttle (in the good old days....sigh).

So... What do guys think? Should we go with jay or gabe or anyone else. I'm so confused . Is one of these guys rampage fabrications & design? Time to decide now!

• Member Contributer
16 hours ago, boOZZIE said:

I tried a manufacturer locally , who didn't seem interested after several msgs.

I found a local Harley fabricator that was willing to do it, but he wanted $2000.  I'm assuming that included $500 worth of having to work on a Japanese bike, and his template would have been the stock system just done up larger.

19 hours ago, RVFR said:

$800 is doable.  $1k without muffler is too much.

• Member Contributer

I am on the same page $800 I could do, 1000 pushes it out of comfort zone. unless it is magical and boost HP by big numbers :)

Confused? LOL    SMH. yea I get it, why I decided to go the way I have. Now I know whats going on.

It's all good. Yep, Gabe is Rampage fab.  I'm just me. ;)

• Member Contributer
11 hours ago, WackenSS said:

So... What do guys think? Should we go with jay or gabe or anyone else. I'm so confused emoji31.png. Is one of these guys rampage fabrications & design? Time to decide now!

Yeah LIST UPDATE FOR THOSE STILL INTERESTED.    POST NOW

Archived