Tyga Vfr800 Headers

Rush2112

Good too hear, that it's a dissent price I paid, but of course not for you anyway you paid the price you could agreed with the sells about at that time.

And if the TYGA comes around, then I will try and sell it, and it will difficult, at least on this forum, but in the mean time I am happy:-)

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did not bother to read every page of this read. That said, I would like to be added for a full system for the Gen 5 if/when they become available. I have 8 motorcycles from various makes, so I am not always on this site and sometimes go months without logging in. So if you do not see me please don't remove me. You can always pm me and I will see the email from the site that says I have a PM.

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, squidzilla said:

I did not bother to read every page of this read. That said, I would like to be added for a full system for the Gen 5 if/when they become available. I have 8 motorcycles from various makes, so I am not always on this site and sometimes go months without logging in. So if you do not see me please don't remove me. You can always pm me and I will see the email from the site that says I have a PM.

Headers only at this stage  or sometime in ....... 

The future

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Last time I spoke with Rush, he was really busy and was actually hopping on a plane but said he would update us ASAP. Not sure what is happening maybe CornerCarver has an update as I believe he was sending something to Tyga to reference.

• Member Contributer

I have been in communication with Matt at Tyga.  He has the dimensions and weight of the package with a 3-4Gen left exit header and a 5-6Gen right exit header (both TBR items) and will communicate with me the shipping instructions.

As soon as he does I will send these test mules off to them to shorten the development time.

I am conviced that the project is moving forward. Beyond that I have no other knowledge.

I've spent lots of cash with Matt at Tyga, including custom made parts. This was all for the NSR250. Very knowledgeable and professional in my experience.  Great to know he's in the VFR space.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
On Friday, August 26, 2016 at 3:31 AM, CornerCarver said:

I have been in communication with Matt at Tyga.  He has the dimensions and weight of the package with a 3-4Gen left exit header and a 5-6Gen right exit header (both TBR items) and will communicate with me the shipping instructions.

As soon as he does I will send these test mules off to them to shorten the development time.

I am conviced that the project is moving forward. Beyond that I have no other knowledge.

Any movement on postage????

• Member Contributer
On Monday, October 03, 2016 at 10:42 AM, RVFR said:

Dito I'm with Void,  hmm wonder if it's time to send off another email. 

I think it is time to pass the baton 

Yes?

• Member Contributer

its coming into my mod season I prefer to tear apart the bike once, im still in on these if I can get them this winter (next 3 months or so).

• Member Contributer

that might have been my post that messed that up, though I would like to have them in my hand this winter. what I meant was more of a if we get a confirmation in the next 3 or so months im on board. my bad please don't hate me..

• Member Contributer
14 hours ago, 3dcycle said:

that might have been my post that messed that up, though I would like to have them in my hand this winter. what I meant was more of a if we get a confirmation in the next 3 or so months im on board. my bad please don't hate me..

We don´t hate you. Hate is for women, men have a good memory :goofy:

• Member Contributer

I think we are waiting on TYGA for some space in there work schedule then CornerCarver to send his TBR headers to them for easier measurements and layout.

Confusion made by me. My bad.

My question of postage was to CC of whether he had shipped his headers off yet as per the post 26 august!!!(Don't have post number?)

Yep,   I handed off the contact info to TYGA and basically left it at that, that Corner would have the info to ship them over,  My hat is off to CC for doing this,  I'm not so sure I would have,  being they are next to unattainable. but last word I exchanged with CC and TYGA was they had lined up the shipping.  as not to confuses who is doing what,  I left it in his hands.  from that I have tried contacting him with no response,  one never know just what comes of things with someone else life needs and to do,  so I'll leave it to run it's coarse,  but a friendly note to TYGA asking whats going on surely wouldn't hurt. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I'm new to this forum but am very interested in buying headers.  I have a one owner 1998 VFR and the headers are beginning to rust a bit and I would be willing to buy a set if you can get them manufactured.

DSC03866.JPG

inventory 021.jpg

• Member Contributer

My memory's not what it once was but when I bought my VFR in '98 I think I remember having the option of buying a full system or just a slip-on.  I met a fellow down at Road Atlanta one year who had the same year VFR and we talked quite a long time about his full system and how much HP gain he had gained.  Does anyone know anything about these "full" systems?  Or is that another dream I had??

• Member Contributer
2 minutes ago, interceptor69 said:

My memory's not what it once was but when I bought my VFR in '98 I think I remember having the option of buying a full system or just a slip-on.  I met a fellow down at Road Atlanta one year who had the same year VFR and we talked quite a long time about his full system and how much HP gain he had gained.  Does anyone know anything about these "full" systems?  Or is that another dream I had??

There were full systems but these are hard to come by these days. The one that seems to be the most sought after is the Two Brothers. This is why the talks with Tyga have progressed to this point. eBay, Craigslist and the classifieds of the two big VFR forums are the best places to look but findings are too few and even farther between.

Although the Tyga header build seems like it's taking a life time, it is bar far the best bet in obtaining a quality header system, unless you seek a company in your own and have a one-off built for you.

Archived