Gsxr Mirror Mounts For 6Th Gen Bikes Taking Orders Now

WGREGT

Hey Guys.

Some of you 6th gen owners may have seen the CAD-designed mirror mounts that allow you to use Suzuki GSXR signal mirrors on your 6th gen bikes. They were initially made & sold here by a 6th gen owner. In fact, there's a very long and involved thread about the long sordid tale to get this far you may have seen already, right here:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/31665-gsxr-mirrors-on-6th-gen/

Anyway, these mounts were a big hit. Many more of us 6th gen owners saw them, asked about them, and tried to get a set. Unfortunately, the person who made them left this forum soon after he made & sold them.

Over the past 13 months now I've tracked him down, acquired his original CAD drawings for the part, made slight but noticeable design improvements (after talking to folks who bought a set and...cracked a set), and I am just now winding up the last step: getting quotes. I expect this to be finished in the next couple of days.

They are made from T6 6061 aluminum, then anodized gloss black, and include a drilled-thru bolt to mount the GSXR mirror head to this base.

You'd be responsible for buying/sourcing your own set of GSXR signal mirrors. These are plentiful, and any year would do. The original seller of these mounts included the choice of a set of Emgo GSXR mirror clones, but after working at a dealership in the past I know enough about Emgos: every set we sold came back for being a lesser quality and having a lot of vibration/blurriness.

You would also need to drill out (a drill press works great and takes literally maybe 2 seconds per mirror) the press fitting that holds the mirror to the base. IMPORTANT: keep the 4 belleville washers per base when it comes apart. You will re-use these on the new bases as these special washers keep tension on the mirror arm, yet allow you to maneuver the mirror as needed.

Right now my first quote is coming in around the $100 mark, but that doesn't include the drilled bolt or shipping, so once I see if anyone else has an interest I'll be able to nail it down to hard numbers.

Here are some fotos of the earlier version on a 6th gen bike, and some screen grabs of the current, slightly changed design.

The latest design changes are:

-I inset/hid the nut in the bottom of the base for a cleaner look
-that mounting bolt itself goes completely thru the base (the previous version had the base threaded to accept the conical-shaped bolt, which in a few cases split the base in half while trying to get the connection tighter.)
-the bolt is a socket head bolt instead of a phillips head bolt
-the top of the mount where the GSXR mirror mounts to it is now milled exactly like the original GSXR mount. The previous version had a smooth mounting point, but the GSXR mirror and base "lock" together to prevent vibration and folding in at speed, so since the original GSXR mirrors have them, I incorporated this into these new mounts.

OK. Here are the fotos of the original set on a bike, followed by my redesigned CAD-like drawings. Post up here ASAP if you are interested (once I have final pricing and delivery date) or have questions. They will be shipped from lovely SoCal by me, and paid thru PayPal.

PS Fear not, 5th Gen owners. They are in the works after these are settled. The design is slightly different b/c the 5th and 6th gen OEM mounts are slightly different.

post-8118-0-47025400-1447346571.jpg

post-8118-0-66858800-1447346572.jpg

post-8118-0-93405900-1447346573.jpg

post-8118-0-11172400-1447346575.jpg

post-8118-0-84347400-1447346597.png

post-8118-0-88714600-1447346599.png

post-8118-0-75159700-1447346602.png

• Member Contributer

As the owner of a pair of the originals on my fifth gen, I cannot recommend these highly enough. The improved light profile from the front is astounding.

A no-brainer if you believe in the importance of being seen.

• Member Contributer

yep, still interested. may buy 2 sets just to help and since these are "unobtainium-ish" it seems.

I also will take a set for a 5th gen.

thanks for all the hard work

Hello Everyone from Spain.

I'm a beginer in the forum (a little ashamed due to my English mistakes ) and I'd like to take a set for one 5th gen.

Are you thinking of produce only 6th gen set or will be possible in short term as well for olders bikes.

Thank you very much for your help.

Enviado desde mi SM-N910F mediante Tapatalk

I'd like to take a set for one 5th gen.

Are you thinking of produce only 6th gen set or will be possible in short term as well for olders bikes.

5th gen's will follow this run if we have enough interest.

I'd like to take a set for one 5th gen.

5th gen's will follow this run if we have enough interest.
Thank you, I'll wait for it.

Enviado desde mi SM-N910F mediante Tapatalk

Archived