Motogp 2016 Season....with Spoilers

Mattie660

Challenge-Dani-Pedrosa.jpg

This "Pedrosa" watch is pricy at over €18k. Of course this being a Pedrosa watch that does not include tax :laugh:

Walk into jewellery store:

I would like to buy a fine watch

. Would you like to look at Rolex, or Breitling perhaps ?

No, I want to look at the range of CVSTOSS watches please

. CVSTOS ?

Yes, particularly the ugly one with somebody else's name on it - has to be bright horrible colour, and be almost useless for telling the time - oh, and nothing under fifteen big ones.

. CVSTOS ?

Yes.

:laughing6-hehe:

(some things just make me laugh !)

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Challenge-Dani-Pedrosa.jpg

This "Pedrosa" watch is pricy at over €18k. Of course this being a Pedrosa watch that does not include tax :laugh:

Walk into jewellery store:

I would like to buy a fine watch

. Would you like to look at Rolex, or Breitling perhaps ?

No, I want to look at the range of CVSTOSS watches please

. CVSTOS ?

Yes, particularly the ugly one with somebody else's name on it - has to be bright horrible colour, and be almost useless for telling the time - oh, and nothing under fifteen big ones.

. CVSTOS ?

Yes.

:laughing6-hehe:

(some things just make me laugh !)

I bet the jewelry store employee ran and thought your were gonna sidekick him off the track or should I say floor. :unsure:

• Member Contributer

Seen in supermarket in Luxemburg.

post-8974-0-66895500-1452426388.jpg

My son and I tried our can, 1st time trying this Monster stuff..

well, it delivers what it is called...... monstrously vile stuff!!! :pissed:

50 grams of sugar in a single can... F M G!!!!

I will stick to that other "medicinal" beverage (Laphroaig) thank you!

• Member Contributer

The Crankies?

I don't think many here will get that ;-)

I'm hoping not. p01h830g.jpg

I can't believe VR hasn't come to his senses & defused the tension, no flame war so not going to state who's the most to blame, it would be good for the sport if they both sucked some eggs & did what is good for the sport not themselves. I was hoping VR would spit the dummy more & leave motogp as I'm sick of his & his fans crap.

As I'm AUS Stoner has my loyalty & honestly sick of reading about people complaining he isn't a PR machine, his livelihood was racing bikes, not making people happy because he can act like a clown off the bike. He was not impressed with Honda because they wouldn't let him fill in for botboy when injured & felt they didn't utilize him enough at testing, again honesty not PR propaganda. Like everybody who wants to watch racing it would be great for him to come back & there is a good chance he will do some races with duc (if they let him) if he was keen to do some with Honda when botboy injured.

It will be an interesting season with the changes happening.

• Member Contributer

I can't believe VR hasn't come to his senses & defused the tension, no flame war so not going to state who's the most to blame, it would be good for the sport if they both sucked some eggs & did what is good for the sport not themselves. I was hoping VR would spit the dummy more & leave motogp as I'm sick of his & his fans crap.

As I'm AUS Stoner has my loyalty & honestly sick of reading about people complaining he isn't a PR machine, his livelihood was racing bikes, not making people happy because he can act like a clown off the bike. He was not impressed with Honda because they wouldn't let him fill in for botboy when injured & felt they didn't utilize him enough at testing, again honesty not PR propaganda. Like everybody who wants to watch racing it would be great for him to come back & there is a good chance he will do some races with duc (if they let him) if he was keen to do some with Honda when botboy injured.

It will be an interesting season with the changes happening.

S'ok, I think we figured it out for ourselves! :goofy::wink::beer:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
Marquez breaks merchandising contract with Rossi’s company
Marc Marquez has broken his contract with VR46 Racing, the clothing company owned by Valentino Rossi, to supply his merchandising for the 2016 season. The Spaniard has instead signed a multi-year agreement to have his merchandise supplied by Gruppo Pritelli, which already supplies Jorge Lorenzo as well as numerous other MotoGP riders, including Andrea Iannone, Andrea Dovizioso and Aleix Espargaro. It is unclear whether this affects Marquez's younger brother Alex, who also has an agreement with VR46. The split between Marquez and VR46 follows the bitter on-track dispute between the two-time champion and Rossi at the end of last year. Rossi, who lost out on the title to teammate Lorenzo by...
FULL STORY »

That will teach you to kick my front brake lever .

• Member Contributer

Well the bitterness between the two, is going to carry on throughout the 2016 season, lets just hope neither of them gets hurt, but it is looking more than likely that one or both will.

• Member Contributer

Well the bitterness between the two, is going to carry on throughout the 2016 season, lets just hope neither of them gets hurt, but it is looking more than likely that one or both will.

Reports are Rossi has to perform well in the first races to kept his contract with Yamaha .

• Member Contributer

Reports are Rossi has to perform well in the first races to kept his contract with Yamaha .

Reports where? Hell will almost certainly freeze over before Yamaha sacks the most popular and successful MotoGP rider the sport has ever seen. Besides, such a provision would have to have been included in his contract--I can see no reason why Rossi would have agreed to such a clause in his second Yamaha-comeback contract (probably negotiated during a season in which he eventually finished second in the championship). Marquez is going to have to pay to break his contract with VR46, as would Yamaha if they broke theirs with Rossi--but you can bet that the latter would cost a lot more than the former!

As an aside, I was about to order the latest Motocourse annual on Amazon.co.uk, when I noticed this:

post-362-0-39597500-1453571156.jpg

I think that must have been the "pre-publication" pic... The actual (unfortunately!) cover is here:

post-362-0-54126100-1453571210.jpg

:happy:

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Reports from whom?

Rossi and his legion are 30% of the MotoGP pie from a monetary standpoint and Dorna will continue to kiss his azz until VR decides to hang it up.

Edit: I should have read one additional post before my reply but I agree 100% with Jezzer.

• Member Contributer

I forget. What place did Marc finish last season? I know Jorge won the championship and Rossi won 2nd. Pedrosa looked more competitive than Marc in the last race in spite of Marc supposedly trying to win that race. I get so confused when I read anti Rossi diatribes. I will try harder to understand what Marquez and Lorenzo fans see in their champions. I would love to see Stoner come back and be competitive but I think that ship has sailed. Quitters get better at one thing and that is quitting. I hope I am wrong though. I am really looking forward to seeing how next season pans out. I read every post here and came up with bupkiss. :goofy: Cheers

• Member Contributer

I forget. What place did Marc finish last season? I know Jorge won the championship and Rossi won 2nd. Pedrosa looked more competitive than Marc in the last race in spite of Marc supposedly trying to win that race. I get so confused when I read anti Rossi diatribes. I will try harder to understand what Marquez and Lorenzo fans see in their champions. I would love to see Stoner come back and be competitive but I think that ship has sailed. Quitters get better at one thing and that is quitting. I hope I am wrong though. I am really looking forward to seeing how next season pans out. I read every post here and came up with bupkiss. :goofy: Cheers

I believe the technical term for Stoner's exit from the MotoGP championship at the end of 2012 was "flouncing"... :wink:

Another angle on the MM93/VR46 contract story could be that the management of the VR46 merchandising operation (which, I understand is undertaken by senior members of the VR46 Fan Club) has repudiated their contract by indicating in some way that they would not be fulfilling the terms of the contract in the future. Absent a signed letter from VR46 management stating as much, however, it is not easy to prove this. MM93 trying this tactic in a highly charged commercial context like the MM93/VR46 war would basically amount to a full-employment agreement with his lawyers... :wacko:

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

I believe the technical term for Stoner's exit from the MotoGP championship at the end of 2012 was "flouncing"... :wink:

Another angle on the MM93/VR46 contract story could be that the management of the VR46 merchandising operation (which, I understand is undertaken by senior members of the VR46 Fan Club) has repudiated their contract by indicating in some way that they would not be fulfilling the terms of the contract in the future. Absent a signed letter from VR46 management stating as much, however, it is not easy to prove this. MM93 trying this tactic in a highly charged commercial context like the MM93/VR46 war would basically amount to a full-employment agreement with his lawyers... :wacko:

Ciao,

Or maybe he could not deal a with a person who would kick his front brake lever and cause him to crash out of a MotoGP race . Makes more sense to most logical people . :unsure:

Archived