Motogp 2016 Season....with Spoilers

Mattie660

• Member Contributer

The reasons there aren't more sponsors is due to cost and cost alone. There is nothing else to it. Bike mfr's spend their own money to race and will not allow another brand to put their logo all over their merchandise unless it's serious money. Say Coca Cola calls HRC and wants to be their main sponsor. Well that is well into seven figures for the privilege. Coca Cola says "too much" we'll give you one million. HRC then tells them to pound sand. That isn't even covering the tip on their bill for a full racing season. Honda spends almost twice as much as the next mfr, Yamaha, supposedly 50-60 million per year for HRC. You want to be their main sponsor then you are going to pay well for it. If you don't then tough tattays.

Suzuki doesn't have a title sponsor because their bike doesn't run at the front. Once that thing can get on some podiums regularly, you'll see decals magically appear.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MCN - "Stoner set for sensational MotoGP return...with Ducati"

Big picture article of Casey's return to MotoGP, as a test rider and wildcard entry.

"Having Stoner involved will no doubt accelerate that development programme even further by putting one of the sharpest racing brains on the planet in the heart of their team."

MCN - Nov 18 2015 Page 66.

Honda can have Marquez, and good luck with all the falling off, and Ducati get Stoner.

Best of luck to Ducati and Stoner for 2016.

• Member Contributer

^^

There does not appear to be much difference from last (2015) season.

Motul have been involved with Suzuki for many many years. Michelin, has replaced Bridgestone as tyre provider for the series. And Suzuki's own brand of motor oil will be their Title Sponsor.

Maybe there is just more value in advertising themselves, rather than accepting a few $$$ to advertise someone else. I notice that the bikes in World Superbikes seem to be covered in sponsorship adverts.

No dude they completely change the bike from 2015 to 2016.

Talking about sponsorship, not performance. My argument that it is difficult to raise sponsorship because Dorna is controlling tightly the TV rights. My argument is that this means sponsors do not get the exposure that they want, and so are not prepared to pay the high price, just to advertise to a smaller audience.

I used Suzuki as the example, to show they had few sponsors, and the sponsors for 2016 are more or less the same as 2015.

It follows that if sponsorship money is difficult to get, then big sponsors will have more of a say in what goes on in the team. This is my whole argument.

Oh 10 4..

MCN - "Stoner set for sensational MotoGP return...with Ducati"

Big picture article of Casey's return to MotoGP, as a test rider and wildcard entry.

"Having Stoner involved will no doubt accelerate that development programme even further by putting one of the sharpest racing brains on the planet in the heart of their team."

MCN - Nov 18 2015 Page 66.

Honda can have Marquez, and good luck with all the falling off, and Ducati get Stoner.

Best of luck to Ducati and Stoner for 2016.

+1 always like Casey.

• Member Contributer

Update !!!

Retired MotoGP champion Casey Stoner will return to Ducati as a 'brand ambassador and test rider'.
Read more at http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/225374/1/official-casey-stoner-returns-to-ducati.html#h7tY6M0LjGH2ZXXR.99

• Member Contributer

Not as exciting as actually racing. But maybe for 2017, after a year of test riding and getting to develop and learn the bike again, he could replace Dovi if they don't bring someone else up from the ranks.

• Member Contributer

Not as exciting as actually racing. But maybe for 2017, after a year of test riding and getting to develop and learn the bike again, he could replace Dovi if they don't bring someone else up from the ranks.

I think your right , I wonder if there worried about Casey back holding up.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

$8.99 on Ebay .

For you Rossi lovers .

What is it with you and Rossi? Geez man, almost childlike. I understand liking Honda but no need to put the tramp stamp on.

? What is it with you and what I write , if you don't like it don't read it .

Challenge-Dani-Pedrosa.jpg

This "Pedrosa" watch is pricy at over €18k. Of course this being a Pedrosa watch that does not include tax :laugh:

Wow what a machine !

• Member Contributer

Challenge-Dani-Pedrosa.jpg

This "Pedrosa" watch is pricy at over €18k. Of course this being a Pedrosa watch that does not include tax :laugh:

Not just Pedrosa even "The Doctor" was not paying taxes .

http://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/pedrosa-appears-on-spain-s-tax-debtor-list-664690/?s=1

• Member Contributer

Non-US citizens are taxed based on where they live, and where they live is usually determined based on where they spend 180 or more days per year. The rules in this area are complex, or one so inclined could obviously divide his time between three residences and (in theory) be a resident nowhere for tax purposes...so, there are additional rules to determine tax residence even where someone spends less than 180 days in a particular country. These sometimes depend on historical ties, family presence or property ownership. Given the complexity of MotoGP and WSB racers' working lives, and the big scalps they represent for their home countries' tax collectors, it is unsurprising that the likes of Pedrosa, Rossi and Biaggi are embroiled in such disputes with the tax authorities in their respective countries. US citizens are simply taxed based on their US citizenship, which is simpler, but not always fairer (said as an American who has not lived in the USA for almost 20 years...)

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Non-US citizens are taxed based on where they live, and where they live is usually determined based on where they spend 180 or more days per year. The rules in this area are complex, or one so inclined could obviously divide his time between three residences and (in theory) be a resident nowhere for tax purposes...so, there are additional rules to determine tax residence even where someone spends less than 180 days in a particular country. These sometimes depend on historical ties, family presence or property ownership. Given the complexity of MotoGP and WSB racers' working lives, and the big scalps they represent for their home countries' tax collectors, it is unsurprising that the likes of Pedrosa, Rossi and Biaggi are embroiled in such disputes with the tax authorities in their respective countries. US citizens are simply taxed based on their US citizenship, which is simpler, but not always fairer (said as an American who has not lived in the USA for almost 20 years...)

Ciao,

Many international sports stars reside in Monaco for tax purposes (no income tax :)

• Member Contributer

In the 90's, while on an UK payrol and a UK resident but working globally, I made sure to be less than 60 days per annum on UK soil. (the rules were a bit more compkex). Thus exempt from taxation. Not sure if this would still apply.

MC content?

4 years no tax allowed me to buy redslut cash... :-)

There's nothing more enjoyable than a race thread. The fanboys draw their lines and get to it with such gusto. As for the upcoming year, it's hard to imagine any of the newcomers making a dent in the domination of the established championship contenders. There's a reason the cohort of Lorenzo, Marquez, Rossi, and Pedrosa garner the wages they do from the manufacturers and sponsors, as well as the fact that despite what so many outsiders see as "reasons" to summarily dismiss them for another, no such action is ever contemplated. Riders capable of winning every single time they grid up, much less legitimately having what it takes to contend, year in and year out, for the championship are far too rare a commodity at the MotoGP level.

Dach, I reckon we'll see some more progress by Iannone next year, but he might be about it as far as title/racewin contention goes.

I'm hoping Miller, Smith and the Suzuki boys all find some speed in 2016 as well, to liven up the midfield.

He did add a nice measure of fun to that finale, let's see if it is something he can bring to a full and grueling season. Given Suzuki's history, I'm not holding my breath that they'll be a factor, and it ain't like Kevin Schwantz is walking through that door to over-ride it to make it look competitive.

• Member Contributer

Ciao,

Many international sports stars reside in Monoco for tax purposes (no income tax :)

I think the problem is they claim to have multiple residents but spend most there time in Italy therefore Italy claim is that it is there primary residents regardless of there citizenship .

• Member Contributer

Ciao,

Many international sports stars reside in Monoco for tax purposes (no income tax :)

I think the problem is they claim to have multiple residents but spend most there time in Italy therefore Italy claim is that it is there primary residents regardless of there citizenship .

Exactly. They claim one thing, but do not abide by the requirements (allegedly). Rossi famously claimed to be a London resident, but his English strangely never improved... But in the EU these days, where there are no border controls within the Schengen area, proving exactly where someone has been living has become challenging. The Isle of Man is a popular residence for UK racers (who are used to crap weather!), Andorra another, as well as the aforementioned Monaco (which does/did claim Capirossi, Corser and Bayliss as residents, I believe). Oh, well. Rich racer problems!

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Rossi settled to pay some 26mio out of 83mio he was supposed to have paid; thus getting a 68.7% discount if you like.

The year following that settlement, some Italians with the same family name unsuccessfully applied that % discount to their tax bill.... :goofy:

Archived