Motogp 2016 Season....with Spoilers

Mattie660

• Member Contributer

The irony of the Rossi pass on Jorge is that Jorge left a huge opening for Rossi. Compare this to how Dani passed Jorge and you'll see it's just the Jorge and Rossi rivalry that Jorge is making a mountain out of a mole hill. Definitely the aggressive pass would have come from Dani not Rossi.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
4 hours ago, Switchblade said:

MM  YEAH BABY    !!!

I'm telling ya, MM(2)...More Mature Marc Marquez! He's definitely gone beyond win it or bin it! How he pulls off the impending crash saves is beyond me.

• Member Contributer
1 minute ago, Switchblade said:

He almost blew the whole race and championship with  the get off.

Key word "almost"...I literally gasped out loud and thought it was going to be a long hard fight, but he made it look easy.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Duc2V4 said:

Key word "almost"...I literally gasped out loud and thought it was going to be a long hard fight, but he made it look easy.

Me too I had recorded the race because I was at the DRAGON  ....   I never get tired of writing that .

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

A dominant race from MM and well deserved World title!

When was the last time both factory Yamahas put them in the kitty litter? They must have been pushing very very hard.

Cal 5th & first independent (again) says to me he needs a factory ride too. BT Sport commentators were suggesting he is in prime place the ride Dani's bike in Phillip Island....I hope so.

And Scott's battle with Petrux for the 2017 Ducati goes on with only a fraction of a second between them at the line.

• Member Contributer

Mega flight by Dani...............

AmmasogladdadiLorenzocrashaditoo........ :-)

• Member Contributer
12 hours ago, Skids said:

A dominant race from MM and well deserved World title!

When was the last time both factory Yamahas put them in the kitty litter? They must have been pushing very very hard.

Cal 5th & first independent (again) says to me he needs a factory ride too. BT Sport commentators were suggesting he is in prime place the ride Dani's bike in Phillip Island....I hope so.

And Scott's battle with Petrux for the 2017 Ducati goes on with only a fraction of a second between them at the line.

For some reason rather than give Dani's bike to another Honda rider on the grid, they always seem to give it to their in house test rider Hiroshi Aoyama. They did this another time too and also did it once with Johnathan Rae of WSBK. Not that I have anything against HA but I think Cal would be a better candidate if they plan on having a replacement for Dani. Ducati did this for Hector Barbara, you would think Honda would do it for Crutchlow.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Duc2V4 said:

For some reason rather than give Dani's bike to another Honda rider on the grid, they always seem to give it to their in house test rider Hiroshi Aoyama. They did this another time too and also did it once with Johnathan Rae of WSBK. Not that I have anything against HA but I think Cal would be a better candidate if they plan on having a replacement for Dani. Ducati did this for Hector Barbara, you would think Honda would do it for Crutchlow.

I guess we'll find out soon enough. I think Aoyama got it because it was the Japanese GP.

• Member Contributer
8 minutes ago, Skids said:

I guess we'll find out soon enough. I think Aoyama got it because it was the Japanese GP.

For this race I agree but they've used him in the past too just don't remember which races it was. 

• Member Contributer

Congratulations to Marc Marquez!  A well-deserved fifth world title for MotoGP's most spectacular and talented rider.  He kept it upright and his rivals did not--that made the difference this year.  Valentino definitely got lucky yesterday (after getting unlucky earlier in the race) when Jorge binned his M1 under pressure from Dovizioso, so he is still in the race for 2nd, with the same 12-point lead over Lorenzo that he had going into Motegi.

Ciao,

Much rather see some riders like Cruthrocket get a blast on Dani's ride as a reward for being right up there at the pointy end or some young upcoming talent to see if it really is the ride or the rider that makes the difference.

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Auspanglish said:

Much rather see some riders like Cruthrocket get a blast on Dani's ride as a reward for being right up there at the pointy end or some young upcoming talent to see if it really is the ride or the rider that makes the difference.

Someone over at VFRWorld brought up a good point. Honda wants to nail down the manufacturers title and the more riders finishing on a Honda the more likely they'll do it. Crutchlow is already on a Honda, so they want another rider on a Honda to help with the win. Yes, they could have asked Crutchlow to ride Dani's Repsol and then LCR ask Hayden but I think Honda just went straight to Hayden.

• Member Contributer
On 10/16/2016 at 4:50 PM, Skids said:

And a WSBK weekend under way on the other side of the planet.

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Auspanglish said:

Then who rides for Crutchlows team?

The fill in riders typically do not move up from a satellite team except when the farm team has a replacement already available.

Nick was pretty emotional when he discussed this tremendous opportunity 10 years after his championship to return to the Repsol team for a single ride.  He is extremely appreciative of this and knows that he is not coming back to the GP paddock as a rider.

When Cal was at Tech 3 he complained about not having a bike that could win and then when Bradley got there he stated it perfectly, something to the effect of there not being that much difference in the bikes and having to ride to the limits of the 7th or 8th best bike on the planet before whinging about getting a better bike.  And that was before the common electronics package.

I doubt there is 1% difference between Cal's and Dani's bikes (so long as both are to remain with Honda next year) and fully expect Cal to finish ahead of Nicky at PI on his own bike.  It is just too difficult to get used to the tire difference between Pirelli and Michelin when you just have a weekend. 

Hayden is pretty handy at PI - can't see him on the podium, but if he qualifies well and gets away well, he might be part of the front-runner mix. He's certainly got the bike for the occasion.

He also has Michelin experience... even Marquez has conceded that he learned a lot about the Michelins by simply following Rossi. Crutchlow is still learning Michelin.

Archived