No Spark, No Fuel, No Start - Vfr 750 Fk

chrispbaker

Hi everyone, first post and hopefully in the right section.

I am having trouble starting my '89 FK. It was running perfectly a couple of days ago until I changed the exhaust downpipes to a SS Motad system. There is now no spark or voltage to the coils and the fuel pump is not moving any fuel.

The starter and engine turn and all lights and fuses are good. The fuel pump works when connected directly to the battery.

I intially thought the problem was with the fuel cut out relay but I then checked for a spark and nothing.

I then suspected the kill switch but that is working fine. Looking at the wiring diagram it could be the side stand switch but the bike is in neutral and I have tried with the side stand up - still nothing.

Any ideas? I am going to remove the tape around the wiring loom and check for any breaks. Should there be a complete circuit between the two pins going to the kill switch from the wiring loom (female) red connector (Black and Black/White wires)?

Really stuck and if anyone has any ideas they will be greatly received.

• Member Contributer

Neutral switch - Check for a loose black braided wire on the lower right of the motor.

Kickstand switch might also be the culprit.

Checked all the switches and connections - fine.

Went to the back of the bike to the spark unit and while taking the tail piece off double checked all the connections, the bike fired!

I have a spark but the bike is running for a second on full choke then cutting out. Could the spark plugs be fouled or air trapped in the fuel lines to the carbs?

Archived