Alternative To The Plastic Clips?

timm

So. I finally broke one of the stupid plastic clips the holds the lower fairing together on the underside.

Why did Honda build a sturdy work horse and decide to put these utterly silly plastic clips underneath? Since they fill with sand and dirt they get stuck ... so they break when you try to take them out. :mad:

Anyone that have come up with an alternative, easy-to-use solution/alternative?

I never noticed the 8th gen had those. For some reason I was assuming it had the same or similar system as the 8th gen with zero fairing bolts and clips.

On my 5th gen, I just bought a huge bag of them like the guys above mentioned. I believe that Veefer was the one that clued me in on the zipties under the bike too. So much better that way!

Thanks SlideRule!

That's an easy solution. I'll try that when I re-mount the panels.

I already have a 250-pack of plastic studs in the garage, but I simply don't like to fiddle with them.

• Member Contributer

^^^^^^^

I do the same thing on my 5th gen. Easy.

How does that work? The 5th & 6th Gens are different to the 8th Gen; there are only 2 holes and they are separated by several inches fore/aft. Do you just loop a single zip tie through them both?

How does that work? The 5th & 6th Gens are different to the 8th Gen; there are only 2 holes and they are separated by several inches fore/aft. Do you just loop a single zip tie through them both?

That's it exactly.

Archived