Nicky Finally Going To Wsbk

Burns

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

So what are the rules for WSBK? Couldn't he buy his own RC213V-S and race it? Isn't the rule that there has to be a production run of 100 units and it be street legal? I'm only half joking but the rumor is that he'll be getting a new bike for 2017 that he will help Honda develop. Supposedly part of his contract.

• Member Contributer

The numbers are larger for large manufacturers, he'll be on an old Fireblade, good money but not lkely to win much :(

Honda will have the oldest bike next year, but I think WSBK is going EVO in the next year or two, so a control,ECU, so Honda may be better off than those like BMW & Yamaha, that developed complex electronics ! We'll see.

• Member Contributer

Nicky will be on one of the weaker bikes and will again be one of the biggest guys. Nicky, Val, and eventually Crutchlow were in a weight class by themselves in MotoGP. I haven't been able to watch WSB in a couple of years, but I'd guess there won't be as many tiny aliens with warp drives.

Agreed. The mere fact that Jon Rea went from being an afterthought to dominating the WSBK series shows the weakness in the CBR. Nicky will have has hands full next year, but I hear Honda is coming out with a new bike in 2017.

• Member Contributer

Nicky will be on one of the weaker bikes and will again be one of the biggest guys. Nicky, Val, and eventually Crutchlow were in a weight class by themselves in MotoGP. I haven't been able to watch WSB in a couple of years, but I'd guess there won't be as many tiny aliens with warp drives.

WSBK has a videopass just like MotoGP, but a bit cheaper. This season has been well worth the money.

• Member Contributer

So what are the rules for WSBK? Couldn't he buy his own RC213V-S and race it? Isn't the rule that there has to be a production run of 100 units and it be street legal? I'm only half joking but the rumor is that he'll be getting a new bike for 2017 that he will help Honda develop. Supposedly part of his contract.

I was wondering the same thing. I think that Honda has produced enough bikes but the limiting factor would be money. Buying the bikes, keeping the bikes running and of course developing them. Honda would probably also get alot of flak for having a ringer in a somewhat production based class.

The RC213V-S launch pushed back the intro of the new CBR 1000RR, yes it is supposed to hit for 2017. I hope that Nicky can hold out that long.

its just too bad Honda doesn't introduce the RC30/ RC45/ RC51 replacement that we were all hoping for. Nicky had quite a bit of success on the 51 and it would be amazing to see him on another RC.

• Member Contributer

Nicky signed because there is a new bike coming that will be very competitive and American Honda wants him with Honda. Nothing better for American Honda than an all new bike with Nicky Hayden challenging on it. Win/Win for the company. Very anxious to see what Honda brings. I can only pray it will be a V4 and even if it isn't, Honda isn't going to let Yamaha rejoin WSBK with a factory supported effort on an all new bike and disappear. 2016 will be tough for Nicky on the current POS but the following year will be excellent. I'm hoping he can be the first to get the AMA/MotoGP/WSBK crown.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There is not much on a WSBK bike that is on a production model. But Honda has not been committed to WSBK, they have been GP focused. But with Nicky going to WSBK it might be an indicator that Honda may be doing something, perhaps in 2017.

• Member Contributer

He knows they won't be truly competitive until they get the new V4 next year. One year to learn the new tracks and get comfortable in the series.

Yeah I think your right .

Archived