Top Case(Bestem) For Vfr800 Vtec

geforce

SO I bought shad mount for my vfr800(ebay) and a 46liter bestem case(Amazon) Installation was a breeze and the whole thing looks very stock. I had saddle bags before I installed the case, though they worked fine, but they kinda blocked the whole one side swing arm view of the bike.

Top case is good trade off between practicality and looks. Costed 65+80 for total. I can but my laptop bag in without any problems.

I can attach more photos if anyone wants any detail on any part of Installation.

post-33300-0-86961600-1443211663.jpg

I have generic soft saddle bags. But to be honest, I am not a big fan of saddle bags on interceptor coz they obstruct the side arm view ;)

But the support attaches to grab arm bar. Do the GIVI or OEM saddle bags attach to grab arm bars?

• Member Contributer

This is going to be a bit confusing. As I understand it, Givi is the OEM supplier of saddlebags to Honda. But the Honda OEM bags and Give bags for that Honda are wildly different. And the Givi tail rack fit with the Givi bags, but they are not made to integrate with the Honda racks. It is my understanding that the Givi tailbag does not use the grab handles.

The reason I'm interested is because I have Honda bags and a Givi topcase/mounting plate on my 3rd gen. If I could find or make a tail rack that goes under the grab handles, I'd be all :cheerleader: .

Would you mind taking a pic of the mounting area? Stock photo would work, but detailed pics are always appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived