Kushitani Leather Pants

Knute

• Member Contributer

I'm kind of interested in these pants and am wondering if anybody here has used them and can give their thoughts of them? They look to be nice upgrade from kevlar jeans.

http://www.kushitani-uk.co.uk/explorer-jeans/4589069468

Kushitani has a very established reputation, especially in the GP racing world where they had been sponsoring/supplying the top riders for many years, so I do not doubt that their quality would be equivalent to other well known racing leathers makers like Dianese....etc.

So the high pricing is just what is nomally expected with such brands..... You will usually get what you paid for with such brands.....

• Member Contributer

I've had a number of sets of Kushitani leather over the years and the quality is second to none.

They were one of the fist manufacturers to use kangaroo hide for it's higher abrasion resistance.

Suppose it depends on what model you are looking at.

• Member Contributer

Kevin Schwantz, Wayne Gardner, and Randy Mamola have road tested Kushitani many times....literally. Schwantz also raced in RS Tiachi leathers, which is the other big manufacturer of leathers in Japan. I have Tiachi leathers and they are excellent. I've never seen Kushitani in person, but I've read that they are on par with Tiachi.

No experience with the jeans look-a-like laether pants, but have a two piece Kushitani leather suit and love it. Very comfortable and the flexible k-foam protectors are also more comfortable then the regular protectors that have the hard plastic outer shell.

Archived