Ecu Vs Tps: Sick 6Th Gen & I Need Some Help

pres589

• Member Contributer

Did the new TPS fix this ?  I'm having similar issues, but not quite the same.

Mine is a 5th gen, on rare occasions it won't rev past 5,500rpm & best I can tell is its in some kind of limp home mode.  The ECU does NOT show or record any errors when this happens. It's not really been an issue, as normally all I need to do is stop, turn off, turn on & await the digital display doing its full sweep, then start & off you go.

Today it did the same thing but at a very low RPM & approximately 20mph, so was like riding a kangaroo, go 20, stop, go stop go etc which leaving a traffic light was less than ideal !

So any ideas what this could be ?  I went through all the connectors over the winter in the loom & all appears to be in good order.

Thanks for your thoughts.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a bummer Chris. I think it's probably time to start swapping things and see what fixes it.

As you know I had a problem with my 800, just after I got it. Wouldn't rev and spluttered and banged if I opened the throttle at anything more than just barely. The strange thing is the previous time I rode it, no problem whatsoever. Then this time, almost unrideable. But I persevered and it slowly got better. Really. After about 10 miles, the problem had literally vanished and as you know the bike made it around Europe with no re-occurrance (just another unrelated problem, now fixed). Thing is, I still have no idea what caused it and it sounds not dissimilar to your symptoms.

However, my 800 is now apparently fine and not really being used. If you want to come up here and swap stuff, just say the word.

Archived