N + 1

ScottyAdams

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

It is a 1983 GL650 Silverwing. Only made one year. Prolly very simmilar to a sportster in wieght and power.

How is the CX doing Timmay?

post-8974-0-70545000-1457895148.jpg

• 1 year later...

Bloody right.  Now, the winter 2016-2017 project is complete and proper and precise break in procedures apply.

Lots of money and time.  Lots of money and time.  Lots of money and time.  The education secured is priceless.  Now for the details:  Upgraded to cylinders from Hammer Performance with their 1250cc kit with late model '04+ cylinders, forged 10:1 (static corrected) flat tops, Screaming Eagle ported and polished heads, in house ported and polished intake manifold, Andrews N4 cams, Hammer custom length pushrods ('04+ heads are .020" shorter than the stock '97 heads, and the SE heads are milled .050" so I had Hammer send me .070" shorter rods), Fueling roller tappets, TP Engineering roller rockers, S&S rocker arm shafts, Cometic gaskets, Dynatek ignition module, Bassani headers, and I internally wired the switch gear in the handle bars.  Drag Specialties bob tail fender powder coated, Ryca front fender, Dyna Jet carb kit, Dakota Digital speedo/tach/gear indicator.  On paper, 105 hp, 85 ft/lb torque.  Dropped a tooth on the counter shaft sprocket (28 vice 29).  Looks stock.  Surprise!  Oh, yes; Progressive shocks fore and aft.  As for the VFR, it's one hell of a bike; like an RD400 made into Bond, James Bond.  As for the HD, I don't care if you like it or not, I do, and that's the only thing that counts.

IMG_7405.thumb.JPG.79fe692d9572d48c5af91551bfbe2c4f.JPG

• Member Contributer

what carburetor do you have on it?

I put mine back to stock to sell and gained back all the low end torque.

If you ever see a purple '96 1200c with dual front disks, it was probably mine :p

I do miss the belt drive..

Archived