Dymag Carbon Wheels And Ohlins Rear Suspension

Guest richy170

Guest richy170

I have Dymag carbon wheels and Ohlins rear suspension on my VFR which were installed in July 2014. I have only done 2000 miles on them. Well I have now decided to sell my bike once it is returned from the dealer (see my other thread). This is not an advert for sale but I wanted to get members views if I should leave these on the bike when I sell it or remove them and sell separately. I will have to pay for the removal and for the OEM parts to be refitted as this is way beyond my limited experience. If I do sell separately what do you think is a realistic price for a reasonably quick sale. I am in no hurry for the money but also don't want them gathering dust in the garage either.

Pictures of them can be seen in a thread I posted last year when they were installed.

• Member Contributer

Return to stock, no one pays money for extras, which is why 2nd hand is always a bargain. For the removed parts if in very good condition, circa 60% of original price should be possible. Use 50% as a calculation to see if its worth the effort. Or find someone willing to pay the extra to keep them on the bike.

• Member Contributer

swapping out the wheels should cost the same as a tire change for the rear.. a little more for the front ( rotor swap) the shock should take under 1 hour of labor , done while the rear is off for the swap. :wink:

Archived