Hitting The Apex

LangoPTC

Age old motorcycle movie question... we can buy globally, but can only watch correctly formatted discs... (biggest scam ever! - next to insurance companies!!)

So will we be able to buy and watch??

• Member Contributer

My local cinema is fully booked for this one-night showing so I have pre-purchased the Blu-ray on Amazon.

• Member Contributer

I managed to buy and watch TT3D. I'm sure I'll be able to watch this. Region lock usually only affects the DVD/Blu-ray players, but not computers.

• Member Contributer

Managed to find it showing in another town nearby with seats available so off to see it tomorrow evening! :cheerleader:

• Member Contributer

Went to see it last night in Cambridge (Cambridgeshire, Eng.....NOT MA :wacko: )

I really enjoyed it, though at over 2 hours it is quite long.

Lots of behind the scenes video & commentary/interviews from all 6 riders (Lorenzo, Marquez, Rossi, Pedrosa, Simoncelli & Stoner) plus team principals, family etc & covers each individuals' early years & the 11-14 seasons. Brad Pitt is co-producer & narrator & it is a little cheesy at times but well done.

I spent the first half waiting in dread for Simoncelli's tragic accident to be covered.

It's an expansion of the Fast, Faster, Fastest format (same co-producer) with more personal comments from the riders/teams/family.

A must for Moto GP fans.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

:cheerleader:

Just got my blu-ray copies in last night. I ended up ordering Road and another movie as well. Was still cheaper than the one listed on the US amazon (with the german in the title). And you can't get Road in the US either.

• Member Contributer

Age old motorcycle movie question... we can buy globally, but can only watch correctly formatted discs... (biggest scam ever! - next to insurance companies!!)

So will we be able to buy and watch??

I bought the Joey Dunlop movie "Road" on amazon UK and was able to play it on my BluRay... I googled the cheat codes for my player and entered a sequence of button pushes on my remote and it unlocked my player. Took less than 5 minutes including the search...

BTW... it's a Vizio BR Player

• Member Contributer

Hitting the Apex (2015) 480p WebRip x264/ this one will play, all the other (higher res ones) I get an error message that the file is corrupt?

I enjoyed it and thought it was much better than some of the previous motogp documentaries that have been released over the years, because it followed multiple riders over several seasons rather than focusing on just one (eg. Rossi). I thought Brad Pitt's low-key narration was quite good, didn't realize it was him until the credits.

• 1 month later...

Archived