I´m Now A 3Rd Gen Owner

A question for them that hapens to know, will 5th gen fork top caps whit spring preload adjusters fit the 3rd gen? The -92-93 has spring preload adjusters (as rebound adjustmet on the shock) as stock but the -90-91 don´t, but I still have my 5th gen orginal fork internals (sadly did not take out the F3 stuff from the forks as I sold it) and fork caps so wounder if a upgrade could be made?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gave the VFR some love on lunch brake today, a good wash, needed after the other days ride in rain.

Dont know what stuff the oem chain greese is, but nasty stuff!

post-880-0-56705600-1441879197.jpg

post-880-0-06109300-1441879216.jpg

• Member Contributer

sidestand + cover is on its way....

This will be your mantra

"I see a red side cover and I want to paint it blak"

Mick Jagger

A question for them that hapens to know, will 5th gen fork top caps whit spring preload adjusters fit the 3rd gen? The -92-93 has spring preload adjusters (as rebound adjustmet on the shock) as stock but the -90-91 don´t, but I still have my 5th gen orginal fork internals (sadly did not take out the F3 stuff from the forks as I sold it) and fork caps so wounder if a upgrade could be made?

1990 - 1997 forks are identical in fit, so go ahead...will bolt right in. I have a set for sale actually, lowers could do with painting, or better still...just strip the paint and leave them shiny

• Member Contributer

I think he means the fork top adjusters from the VFR800Fi, which also has 41mm forks, IIRC. In theory, the caps should fit, but I don't know if the damper rods are the same length.

Ciao,

Yes, I have the fork top caps as damper rods from my year 2000 VFR800Fi, but I found out that the top caps whit the adjusters are the same as the one on the 1992-93 VFR750F as the VFR800Fi, that by comparing part numbers, so I guess then they will just fit then? One thing is that the 92-93 use a different spring, damper rods and even the outer crome tubes are different.....so might not fit after all that easy.

A side note, as I been browsing and found a page whit matket difference on the first RC36, I noticed that my bike has dural front parking lights, that only bikes from Spain, Japan as Australia had... but as my bike also had red rear turn lights, might be just a swamp by former owner, have not check the headlight part number yet.

• Member Contributer

Lol, this page? Or did someone shamelessly copy my hard work (again)?

If you have a good work space, enough time and tools, and the parts, I'm sure you will be able to to determine whether the pre-load adjusters can be used. If the fork stanchions are both 41mm, then they will have the same thread and physically fit, the only issue I can think of is the damper rod length. Swapping damper rods might be possible, or even shortening and re-threading if you're adventurous... Good luck.

Ciao,

Lol, this page?

Yes, its a very good info site you have made :fing02:

Also the link to the Frence parts site is good and gave me help.

Lets see what the winter will give, room as tools I have, time is a bit limited.....family you know

• Member Contributer

Oooohh.... over on the dutch vfr forum...Asking price is 600 euro

Incl seat cover and misc parts.

Upgraded suspension...

Excl rack, chain due soon.

86k km. 46k km on engine

Sweden should be passable at night still :-)

post-8974-0-77659000-1442674049.jpg

Oooohh.... over on the dutch vfr forum...Asking price is 600 euro

Incl seat cover and misc parts.

Upgraded suspension...

Excl rack, chain due soon.

86k km. 46k km on engine

Sweden should be passable at night still :-)

That one should sell fast, faster than I can get money for a other Dutch trip as bike....But would not mind to be down no for the BSB race, but will watch it in a ½hour replay layer tomorrow and the WSB races from Spain live :wheel:

• 3 weeks later...

So as I had the farings off to fit the wires to turn on both low beams whit a relay, I got a feeling that I will change the oil, had a can of 10W40 oil at home whit a oil filter that I had plans to use during winter. Former owner, that had trade a other bike for this in the spring, had not change the oil, but formerformer owner clamed he had, and its ridden about 3k kms after that, but as the engine at times had ticking sound like a old diesel car whit hydraulic tappers jammed, well I just let the oil poor out....and good I did

post-880-0-33835900-1443978382.jpg

Does not look like 3k kms ridden oil to me, but then the oil I did let out of the VF500 this spring at Dutchy´s place, that was 2 k kms ridden in 2 years was also slight black, but not as black as this......

Good thing I did it, and engine sure runs more quiet now it feels....

What I know of this bikes history, that is from 2000 on, I´m the 5th owner since then, and 3rd in 1½ year....Lots of small things that has just been not donethe last 1½ years I guess....

• Member Contributer

He never said he changed the oil and put in NEW oil did he? :goofy:

Maybe this oil was from his Volvo? :unsure:

Anyone have some of part number #27 form this pic

honda-vfr750f-1992-england-seatrear-cowl

Mine are missing them, tired to order them but are not awable as new anymore, just got the bolts #26.....

Also looking for one silencer/muffler attacment bolt/collar parts number #2 and #3 in the following pic

honda-vfr750f-1993-england-exhaust-muffl

Also here the bolt is awable but not the collar. I have 2 good springs.

• Member Contributer

Part #27 i should have 2 in the shed, will check tomorrow

Anyone have some of part number #27 form this pic

honda-vfr750f-1992-england-seatrear-cowl

Mine are missing them, tired to order them but are not awable as new anymore, just got the bolts #26.....

Also looking for one silencer/muffler attacment bolt/collar parts number #2 and #3 in the following pic

honda-vfr750f-1993-england-exhaust-muffl

Also here the bolt is awable but not the collar. I have 2 good springs.

You can try David Silver Spares, UK Honda parts dealer. Got a pair from there last year. Google is your friend.

As for the exhaust nut and bolt, any bolt that fits the hole will do as long as it's long enough and you have a Nyloc nut for it. Changed mine to stainless years ago.

Sorry Keny, could not find them...

No problem Dutchy.

A other thing is if I get mesurments of them so I just have some made by local guy I know that work at a shop that do stuff like that...

I was cleaning out a bit in the garage and found my CBR900RR front rim...now could I do the crazy thing on a 3rd gen that I could not on my 5th? :blush2:

• Member Contributer

Sorry Keny, could not find them...

No problem Dutchy.

A other thing is if I get mesurments of them so I just have some made by local guy I know that work at a shop that do stuff like that...

it's the part # as on the 4th gen and still available in Canada. i just bought one this summer.

it's the part # as on the 4th gen and still available in Canada. i just bought one this summer.

The part number for the 3rd gen is 90502MT4000 and for the 4th gen 90502MY7000, so different, but dont know what difference they have in real life

And yes, the 4th gen part still available.

A other thing, could someone measure the length of the collar on the muffler fastener bolts, as bolt length? :unsure:

Archived