Fayetteville Ar Mc Rentals

VFR4Lee

Hey NW Ark folks and Hog Tie guys.

I'll be visiting my daughter and young grandsons in the first part of October. They are just outside Fayetteville to the east, I will be staying in town. Wondering if anyone knows where I can rent a bike for a day, probably pickup in morning and drop off in afternoon on a weekday. Just so I can ride some of your roads, which looked really nice on my 1 previous visit.

The only thing I've found online so far is rentals from Pigtail HD.

Something that weighs less than 700 - 900 pounds would be preferable. :rolleyes:

Would not mind some company or a tour guide, did find some good looking routes online around Fayetteville.

So far the only thing carved into plastic, err my credit card, is a flight, room, and economy car (Kia Rio or similar).

I can't work up a Woo Hoo about the car.

Will have to figure out how to get my gear there, don't really want to check luggage.

Little help? :tour:

I don't know of anyone that rents sportbikes. However, Pigtail HD always has several used for sale. See if you can take a 'testride' and if you don't buy it you will pay them whatever a Harley rents for.

I worked with Bike dealers for many years. I could always take any used bike for the weekend or longer.

Hey, thanks for the response. I thought a bit about a "test ride",

but when they see my CA license they might think twice.

I don't wanna lie and say I'm moving there.

Can't hurt to try for a paid test ride. :biggrin:

Sorry I wasn't clear, but, don't lie. Simply find the manager and let him know your situation, intentions, maturity and riding ability. Initially he may san 'no' because he is supposed to, but putting a couple hundred miles on a used bike really is no problem from the dealership's standpoint. If the manager feels comfortable with you and can make a 'rental fee' which would be all profit...It's all good.

Again, I could ride any used bike any time for any amount of miles. We even took some used bikes on a week long trip to the mountains!

Maybe alittle grease $$ at the stealership ship can get a bike for the day.

I rented a Harley in San Jose when I was without a bike back in 05 and UPS'd my gear to the shop, then rode to Laguna. Good luck

Plenty clear GR. I'm not gonna lie. Good to know they may be willing to deal. I would no doubt take it easy. I never want to have a roadside conversation with Leo. Especially far from home.

Archived