How The Abs Should Work On A 06.vfr800A

Redbike

Hi

Could you describe for me how the ABS should work on my 06.VFR800A?

How can it be tested if regarding front and rear tires this function is ok together with dual CBS?

What should I hear or feel some feedback from the rear pedal or the front lever arm this time???

I know the abs system comes to action from 10km/h an higher.

I tried my bike some times if it is ok, but I can not get any sign.

When I push only the rear pedal really hard, the bike is stable and slow down well w/o any tire lock, but w/o any feedback from the pedal.

I visited a Honda dealer and the tried the bike riding slow and at 40km/h on a rather dirty road but could not detect how it is working..if working. They did not seem to be expert.

• Member Contributer

Yes I would find a nice and big patch of grass like a baseball or soccer field and try it out there. This way if you drop the bike damage would be minimal. But I would be weary of dropping it and break the mirrors. Maybe remove them first?? Not sure I would try it...

The way I tested mine was to take a spirited ride on a road through a grassy field on the right and treed area on the left. When a deer ran out in front of me I had to do an emergency brake. You can feel the ABS kick in as well as hear it.

The way I tested mine was to take a spirited ride on a road through a grassy field on the right and treed area on the left. When a deer ran out in front of me I had to do an emergency brake. You can feel the ABS kick in as well as hear it.

Thanks for your answer. My goal is not to crash the bike when practice.

I want only check is the system is ok, and to be prepared if the deer would run...

The ABS when "clicks in" makes a multi purpose pulsing effect on the lever arm under my like the pedal in the cars while the friction is less than my brake force?

The ABS when "clicks in" makes a multi purpose pulsing effect on the lever arm under my like the pedal in the cars while the friction is less than my brake force?

That is exactly what it felt like, yes.

Archived