My 1991

Hello Everyone,

Ive been reading these forums for a while but havent posted before. Ive had my 1991 VFR since 1997. Right now only has a little under 18k miles. Never been down. Only problem I've ever had was the voltage regulator which I replaced a few years ago.

post-27574-0-95978200-1438737850.jpg

post-27574-0-73984100-1438737851.jpg

• Member Contributer

That is a lovely VFR. Imnsho, that generation VFR is the best looking, especially in your colour scheme of red with gold wheels. Well, other than an RC30, of course.

tn_gallery_6146_6562_716566.jpg

It has 17k on it right now. I might be looking at a BMW tomorrow so I will have to sell one of my bikes (the BMW would be #4). If I decide to sell the VFR anyone know what I should ask?

Selling a mint VFR that has served you loyally for 18 years to make way for a BMW?

That could be forgiven if:

a) you have another VFR and can't justify having 2, or

b) it is a very, very special BMW (i.e. not a GS1150 / 1200 etc)

Have you seen Hitler's reaction when his VFR is replaced by a GS? An oldie but a goodie... tried to paste a link but for some reason I can't paste in here.

Not sure what value old VFRs are in your neck of the woods, but over here (Aus) they are not worth a huge amount (US$4k for a really nice one), so unless you're desperate for room or cash, I'd be keeping hold of it...

• Member Contributer

There was a really nice '92 (Black) with similar mileage for sale this summer in the Seattle C/L listed at $3,200. It was re-listed multiple times over a number of months. I don't know if it ever sold or not. With one as nice as you have, if you sell it for whatever amount, if you have seller's remorse later on (a common affliction of VFR owners) chances are good that you won't find another like it.

I might have to do some cleaning now and try to make room in the garage. I got the BMW today but I am pretty attached to the VFR so I would hate to see it go.

• 3 weeks later...

the US 1991 VFR750F is the best color combination of all the 1990-93 RC36 I think., dont know what type# it is....

• Member Contributer

Good call on keeping the 91. That would be a hard one to replace if you had sellers remorse.

• Member Contributer

Gorgeous bike and color combo. One of the first VFRs that I fell in love with. Hope you enjoy many more years of ownership!

• Member Contributer

I might have to do some cleaning now and try to make room in the garage. I got the BMW today but I am pretty attached to the VFR so I would hate to see it go.

Good choice!

Not that keen on red VFR's to be honest, common as muck.

But you'd be crackers to part with yours old lad

Archived