What y'all recommend for my new color?

dozyproductions

• Member Contributer

Why do people re-spraying motorcycles not replace the OEM decals?  No matter how nice the paint looks, without the OEM decals it always screams "crashed bike" to me...  I'd want (even reasonably informed) people to wonder if they were looking at a "rare" factory paint job!

OEM decals can be expensive, of course, but there are companies that can make very good reproductions these days.

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

got to be careful with oem decals as they do not always have a clear background. so If you change colors your stickers will not match.

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, JZH said:

Why do people re-spraying motorcycles not replace the OEM decals?  No matter how nice the paint looks, without the OEM decals it always screams "crashed bike" to me...  I'd want (even reasonably informed) people to wonder if they were looking at a "rare" factory paint job!

OEM decals can be expensive, of course, but there are companies that can make very good reproductions these days.

Ciao,

Amen.

• 4 months later...

Not bad. Haven't considered anything in matte.

I'll have a vinyl on top saying MAGA. Can see how many people try to run me over #basketofdeplorables

Wouldn't run you over--that would mess up the paint on my Bimmer. Besides, we liberals could care less what you do; so long as you don't hurt anyone else while doing it, your life is your business.

A more likely scenario is that some other 'deplorable' would run you off the road for not riding an American bike...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did a dark blue peal/metallic. Paint code B20, I also added a little extra pearl when mixing it. I like the VFR red/black theme but my car is already red and black. Sooo... Didn't want to have to choose between red bike or red car. I painted a 240 a couple months ago Toyota Green with gold peal, didn't look too bad. Idk about on a bike though. Also bought OEM style decals and put them on, the "VFR" is a little retro but it looks great. Decals were $45 off a seemingly reputable person off ebay.large.IMG_20170401_125257447_HDR.jpg.5722d759d4baf4a34aeef33384b7deeb.jpg

• Member Contributer
On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:42 PM, JZH said:

Ciao,

stickers sourced from Ebay. Not OEM but In the original font for the year/model of bike

IMG_20170401_165544.jpg

Archived