What y'all recommend for my new color?

dozyproductions

Edit: I had her repainted a bit ago and she looked like a darlin. Unfortunately I was safely lane splitting and a college aged girl in a newer mazda 3 (typical right?) lane changed in to me without signaling or any warning. Now it's time to repaint the ol' gal and I'm wanting some input from y'all. Any green, blue, black or red, burgundy, grey suggestions would be appreciated. 

This was the BMW BRG

IMG_20151230_092721303_HDR.jpg

• Member Contributer

Should look great the red is actually a mid 60's chevrolet colour but the fading and maybe different thickness of base coat can change the colour slightly from that formula .

There are 2 options of red color for the 2011 Sonata... Ruby Red pearl and Venetian Red metallic. Neither of those is a match for R157.

Either one would probably look ok as a full respray job. I would go with the Venetian Metallic for a couple reasons:

- metallic paint is easier to touch up than pearl

- metallic paint is cheaper to respray in case of the inevitable

- most colors appear brighter on a motorcycle vs a car due to the smaller surface area, so the ruby red while looking good on the car, may look too bright on your bike.

^ Yep that's Holden Hot House Green. Terrific colour (and I'm a Ford man).

There are 2 options of red color for the 2011 Sonata... Ruby Red pearl and Venetian Red metallic. Neither of those is a match for R157.

Either one would probably look ok as a full respray job. I would go with the Venetian Metallic for a couple reasons:

- metallic paint is easier to touch up than pearl

- metallic paint is cheaper to respray in case of the inevitable

- most colors appear brighter on a motorcycle vs a car due to the smaller surface area, so the ruby red while looking good on the car, may look too bright on your bike.

I assumed it wasn't the pearl. I came, I saw, and I was conquered when I tried spraying with a pearl before. I'm honestly not too crazy having a metallic on the bike on the first place but oh well. He showed me a shot hood under the florescent lighting and it looked good... enough ha!

This green ?

Haha, well yes. I was going to get a paint shop to color match me a batch to take it to the painter. Just the painter had a free 3/4 gallon lying around and quoted me a great price after repair/prep/paint/buff. I honestly still think this green is the ticket. This respray is all due to being sandwiched on the road and being thrown down so such a high viz color would be the way to go no? :wink: I think the closest we get for this color in the states is mazda's something something something green they use for the mazda 2 and miata?

• Member Contributer

On Dutch TV last night

That is a nice green too!!!!

014-cars-theredlist.jpg

• Member Contributer

I'd stick to OEM or find a color from Honda auto that you will be comfortable with. I did the same thing, trying to save a few bucks, and paid the price just to do it all over again.

Right? Can anyone photoshop this by any chance? I'm sending this to paint tomorrow and I love this color but this can be one of those colors that just does not vibe with a vfr. I feel like oem, british racing green or lemans blue are a lot safer colors for non oem. Especially that brg.

• Member Contributer

Pearl conifer green, paint code G-161P, was available on Euro and Canadian VFR's in 2000.

A pic of mine.

IMG_0015 copy.jpg

• Member Contributer

Sheepskin, not a seat pad. With that on the Sargent seat I can ride all day, no problem. And I have no natural padding.

^ Yep that's Holden Hot House Green. Terrific colour (and I'm a Ford man).

The Calypso Green that was on the (Australian) Ford XA and (I think) only a later model Cortina was a great colour. The metallic green on the XB and later models was different - a lighter shade and less depth, as I recall.

The Calypso Green was darkish, but almost glowed different shades under low light conditions as well as having a somewhat classy gradation with viewing angle, possibly due to it being made up of (among other things) two different metal flakes, plus black and gold.

The green on the first 2008 Street Triple was quite a bit lighter, but has a similar rich hint of gold glow with different light and angle.

The green Ford XA I once owned was a really nice green that wasn't garish and often drew the comment "I don't usually like green...".

It seems there's a green of the same name on some later U.S. Fords, but it's very different.

Also, I see there's a die cast model of the Ford XA GT in Calypso, which allowing for photography and PC monitor viewing, does look pretty much like I remember it. Flatter on screen, as you'd expect, but you can see some hint of the nuance I liked so much about it (and the tinge from the gold) in the second photo - http://motorfocus.com.au/product.php?productid=4153&cat=75&page=1

Because of how much it changes with the ambient light, other images that show up in a search come up looking quite different, but I'd say the depiction in the link above is pretty much as on the money as a digital image can be by the time it digitises, crunches, unpacks, then radiates out of whatever monitor you might be viewing.

That is a beautiful green that you linked (need to find that paint code). Really, that would look great on this bike. The reason I'm aprehensive with the hot house green is that with our huge side fairings, such a color might make it look like some kawi ninja... But that ford green, wow.

There's also the toyota spruce mica from the 2011 camry's. :bliss:

2011-Toyota-Camry-SE-V6-6-Spd-AT-1.jpg

Bmw's Individual British Racing Green (312)

v1.JPG

Well I wen't with the BMW british racing green. I saw the hot house green over a panel and it wasn't for me. BRG + bronze/gold wheels + black frame? = cherry. Will update when finished. Thank you all for your input and taking my indecisiveness.

• Member Contributer

Oh sorry.....   you telling me there is Chinese steel in that one?

Archived