It's Time To Sell My Viffer...bittersweet

• Member Contributer

I haven't been very active on the forum for a while. (years?) It's partly due to having young kids, which require lots of time, and partly because I worked from home, and didn't have a commute.

The part I'm happy about is that I'm not giving up riding...

We've had some big changes recently, including a new job I relocated for. The new job happens to be at Harley-Davidson! :blink: There's no pressure to get rid of my bike from anyone at work, but I do feel I'm ready to leverage our employee discount.

I actually get lots of compliments, and nobody believes my bike is 18 years old. I still giggle every time I ride it. It just feels like a caged animal in the city, so I feel it would be happier getting longer rides.

For sale ad:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/classifieds/item/3724-1997-vfr750-lots-of-negotiable-extras-for-additional-cost/

As some of you know, I've added lots of goodies over the years. Depending on the interest, I might remove some things and sell them separately.
I definitely didn't expect to be a Harley owner anytime soon, but things happen! I'm not going full-bagger (yet) ,but I did find a model with a great mechanical presence, like the VFR. The primary chain whine is not as great as the gear whine, but it sure doesn't sound over-refined, either.

• Member Contributer

Jstanwood????

Who *IS* that guy.....?????

MANY :-)

Long time no speak.

I greet any biker, hd or not.

• Member Contributer

I recall hairy arms.... :-)

Will suit you at HD....

I believe you mean "primary chain rattle.". Congrats on a job in the industry, I do know from the Beer industry you better never be seen drinking a competitors product! Perhaps you could disguise the viffer......

I know a couple of people that work at H-D. It is actually nice to see a company that encourages the employees to ride to corporate events (he rode a Buell to GA for the drag races). I think he also has access to competitor bikes they have in the fleet. My company has a strict policy about not being able to ride 2 or 3 wheeled vehicles when on company business because of insurance reasons. It kind of sucks..........actually it REALLY sucks (not kind of).

• Member Contributer

Honestly, all riders are welcome. Heck, even non-riders are welcome!

I don't get the prime parking when I ride to work, but I only park another 50 feet farther away, along with the Ducatis.

Yeah, wera803, I'm all signed up to be able to use the fleet vehicles if I'm going to work an event. I'm waiting for next year's event list.

One of these things is not like the others. Look in the middle.

Honda in the mix

• Member Contributer

I believe you mean "primary chain rattle.". Congrats on a job in the industry, I do know from the Beer industry you better never be seen drinking a competitors product! Perhaps you could disguise the viffer......

I only think it's a whine, because I can still hear it with stock pipes. :)

If I rode a Victory, Indian, or Honda cruiser, I think there would be a problem. We don't have a sporty tourer, so I'm OK.

• Member Contributer

Jon, long time no see!

Best of luck with the sale and even better working in the motorcycle industry. Congrats!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived