Yi Camera Review

xenorik1

Hi guys, I bought a Yi camera a couple of months ago and I would like to tell you guys what I think about the camera. I had a gopro4 silver, but I returned it later and bought myself a Yi camera. The Gopro4 is a really nice camera, but for what I do, it was overkill and runs about $400. I realized that I don't need 1080p or really slow-mo videos. All I needed was good video quality and loop recording because I always have my camera on.

Yi camera is a chinese made camera and runs about $70. It has everything that I need. It doesn't have good audio quality compared to Gopro4 because I don't have a waterproof case and the wind blocks out all the noises.

If you guys have any questions about the Yi camera, please leave a comment.

For me, its a keeper.

All the photos are taken with my Yi camera, with 10s intervals. post-33001-0-58197100-1436823715.jpgpost-33001-0-18380800-1436823733.jpgpost-33001-0-26475400-1436823748.jpgpost-33001-0-77585300-1436823755.jpgpost-33001-0-86617800-1436823764.jpg

• Member Contributer

Sweet !

I am ordering one .

Dispatch:Ships within 3-5 business days FREE SHIPPING

Regular Price:$193.29Discount : 65% off
$67.19

• Member Contributer

Years ago CVS had cheapo one time use video cameras that I used from time to time. Found out that some tape (blue painters) over the mic cut the wind and left engine sounds. Not sure the setup on the Yi, but if it has an internal mic with cutouts on the surface, stick some tape over and see what happens. Can't be worse than wind noise! :beer:

xenorik 1,

KevCarver makes a good point, and if that doesn't work you can try 'MoleSkin', which you can get

at any drug store.

You can start without holes and if that blocks too much input you can punch a small hole with

a pin.

Naturally an external mic would help, but even that would probably need some sort of windscreen,

and/or a 'blimp', which is probably not available for such a small mic head, (capsule).

You might get some ideas here, but the costs can add up quickly......

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=lav+mic+windscreens&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma&Top+Nav-Search=

Good luck,

LookingHard

• Member Contributer

Hi guys, I bought a Yi camera a couple of months ago and I would like to tell you guys what I think about the camera. I had a gopro4 silver, but I returned it later and bought myself a Yi camera. The Gopro4 is a really nice camera, but for what I do, it was overkill and runs about $400. I realized that I don't need 1080p or really slow-mo videos. All I needed was good video quality and loop recording because I always have my camera on.

Yi camera is a chinese made camera and runs about $70. It has everything that I need. It doesn't have good audio quality compared to Gopro4 because I don't have a waterproof case and the wind blocks out all the noises.

For me, its a keeper.

All the photos are taken with my Yi camera, with 10s intervals. attachicon.gifIMG_0756.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0758.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0759.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0769.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0770.JPG

Got a link to this camera?

For me, its a keeper.

All the photos are taken with my Yi camera, with 10s intervals. attachicon.gifIMG_0756.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0758.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0759.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0769.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0770.JPG

Got a link to this camera?

you can order it from amazon, or other various sites. just type in Xiaomi Yi camera.

xenorik 1,

KevCarver makes a good point, and if that doesn't work you can try 'MoleSkin', which you can get

at any drug store.

You can start without holes and if that blocks too much input you can punch a small hole with

a pin.

Naturally an external mic would help, but even that would probably need some sort of windscreen,

and/or a 'blimp', which is probably not available for such a small mic head, (capsule).

You might get some ideas here, but the costs can add up quickly......

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=lav+mic+windscreens&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma&Top+Nav-Search=

Good luck,

LookingHard

will do, thank you.

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Xiaomi-Xiaoyi-WiFi-Action-Camera-16MP-1080P-60FPS-Ambarella-A7LS-155-Degree-Wide-Lens-Bluetooth-40M-Diving-Sports-DV---White--Basic--342272.html

as for mounting it, the site that I linked sells mounts, frames, and other things. as for the piece that mounts on my helmet, I used a curved gopro mount.

Archived