I have had the usual RR - stator failure one too many times now so have just invested in the Mosfet RR from Roadstercycle.com, ne OEM stator from Honda and the VFRness from wiremybike.com.

I'm not the best with the spanners but can follow idiot guides.

What I need to know is, if anyone has fitted these and if so do you have a how to with pics/video?

From what i can tell so far, the RR is not best suited to fit in the stock position, where have you fitted yours?

Any photos or help appreciated

TIA

Moose

I read somewhere that in the way it's mounted stock, the frame acts as a heat sink. People who do things like move it or put spacers under it thinking they'll increase air flow are making it worse. Maybe someone who's mounted a fan for it will post. I think what it really needs is its own little radiator :smile:

The stocks position on the 6th gen is fine. It's the earlier Models that could follow suit on 6th gen placement.

Moose w all due respect you can throw all Those New parts at it but I would Highly Recommend you attend to the different electrical connectors that are Known to fail on the 6th gen... check the threads either in the 6th gen forum or the electrical one... we're Talkin' the big yellow or Orange (for your year Model I believe) ground bus fix and the blue and grey connector earth wire fix, as well as checking all Associated wiring and Fuse holders and relays and stuff around the battery and main Fuse area Under the seat and all Other Connectors and Revise and Clean up and Shoot w WD40...

Otherwise you're Just gonna fry Those New bits before Long...

Archived