VF500F2 Aka MBD Incubation Period At Least 52 Years

Dutchy

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, keny said:

This is what you did say this fall (not 54 minutes ago), BUT I think its cool, you have to hunt when what you hunt for is there!, an early Dutch spring indeed :tongue:, Congrats for it, may it serve you well, and sure there has to be something to improve also :wink:

OK, I went for the kill shot, but I had a GREAT spotter......... kiitos kiitos! :beer:

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Great choice Dutchy, a 2003 SP-2! Perhaps you should start a new thread detailing all your improvements (so I may copy them). Glad you didn't wait too long to give the VF500 a companion.

When I was about to purchase my first Honda V4, I was moments away from laying money down on a sweet leftover 1985 VF500. But I just couldn't love the bright red seat. So I ended up with the VF700, had it 16 years before trading it in for the first 6th gen. But I always wonder what if...

• Member Contributer

Christmas did come early (as did spring...)

PC181417.jpg

PC181390.jpg

Make USA great again!

PC181397.jpg

EU-legal pipes; do need a set of new/heat resistant decals..

PC181409.jpg

PC181414.jpg

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Dutchy said:

Tadaaaaaa!!!!  MBD is back!

The slut is dead, long live the slut

IMAG6059_1.jpg

So what will be its name.... The Beast....... White Slut?

3 hours ago, Dutchy said:

EU-legal pipes; do need a set of new/heat resistant decals..

PC181409.jpg

Or do they need stickers att all?

• Like 2

Hmmm...... Trackday Pirellis....I really would suggest something grippier in normal temps on normal roads...as wet....As I have tried one front, and OK:ish as warm in the dry but slippery in the wet for sure...But good for a BIG burnout :tongue: (unless sold to a track nut if in good nick)

• Member Contributer

Them tyres were a good prompt for me to inspect the bodywork verrrrrrrry carefully...

The seller told me he always bought track tyres for cheap and use them on the road since he never rode in the rain.

Judging by the state of all (metal) parts, I believe him.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dutchy said:

Them tyres were a good prompt for me to inspect the bodywork veru carefully...

The seller told me he always bought track tyres for cheap and use them on the road since he never rode in the rain.

Judging by the state of all (metal) parts, I believe him.

Yeah,  some do do like that, and its cool to show up the bike on a parkinglot and other think you  have ridden the tires to that shape ! But whit the typically Dutch weather, can you be sure to not ride in rain..... ofcorse the rubber compound matters! But a good set of new rubber would be a good insurance to keep the sunny side up......my 2 cent......can be what you had in mind to do?

11 hours ago, Dutchy said:

Metzeler Sportec M7RR's, but I will listen to my friendly rubber merchant as well :goofy:

If you think the RC51 need real sport rubber, go for it, but I think a modern ST rubber will work well to, even not having the same sporty look perhaps :fing02:

• Member Contributer

so not the 190/50 as per the manual but the 190/55 right?

I prefer real user inputs over marketing garb so keep them coming!

PC181392.jpg

I'll post more pics after the rinse, wash, clay and wax job I have in mind for her... :beer:

Tires is a personal thing. What kind of riding you do on what kind of roads (and whit what kind of bike...well that we know) deside whats best for you. I think you will find the best anwsers from local riders of same kind of bikes. But most modern rubber will serve you well, st or sport. 

Looking forward to se it shiny !

• Member Contributer
6 hours ago, timmythecop said:

DUDE !   That is soo groovy.

When you get new tyres do yourself a favor:  Opt for the 190/55 rear. It costs more, but it handles sooo much better.

+1 on the 190/55.

Timmy I'm curious what you prefer for the RC, for twisty dry public roads and the occasional track day. Mine currently has a mis-matched set of Pirelli's from the previous owner and I'll have to decide soon.

IMG_2158.JPG

I have used Pilot power 2TC on my RC51.  120/70 front and 190/55 rear.  Most owners call RC51s "Piggies" because they favor stability over flickableness, so the added height of the 55 profile really helps on the turn in.  I have tried both and prefer the 55 by far. The only problem is the 190/55 is always the most expensive tyre in the catalog. I am pretty sure the 190/55 did not exist when this bike first came out, so the manual specs the 50.

2vb0rjm.jpg

1503811_10203320427031159_2045603596_n.jpg

10363702_10203874421600677_7516337160026340847_n.jpg

• Like 2