Hey New Zealand Members...

WGREGT

Who we got near 44 Aranui Road Mt Wellington Auckland 1060 , New Zealand? I was looking at a part for my radar detector, found it on a website, but they no longer send items to USA due to mail theft. Was thinking about getting someone to pick it up for me, and mail it the cheapest way possible to SoCal. Of course, I'd ppal you for it as well.

The site is http://www.radardirect.co.nz/

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I just spotted this thread today. If you're still interested I'd be happy to help, Mt Wellington is only 10 km from where I live.

Regards

Terry

Well, I appreciate the offer. I was looking at their clear form-fitting clear snap-on cases for my radar detector, but right now I just noticed that there may not be enough space for my cord to work under the case. Let me get some measurements and get back to you, how's that?

(My RD has one of these visual alert LED-block things, and the male cord that plugs into the earpiece port is somewhat long...maybe longer that what the case was designed for. But...just now I looked at his site, and it appears he's redesigned the plug to be a smaller, right angle one, so maybe he'll swap mine out and the NZ box WILL fit?

http://www.marcparnes.com/Visual_Alert.htm

OK. Let me find out and get back to you.

-greg

Hi wgregt.

If Terry's not available, I live and work about 5km from Mt Wellington. I could get there in a lunchtime, no bother.

Parksey

Glad you posted. It reminded me to post back and say it looks like I'll have to pass on this after all. The plug on mine is too long to work with the cover I was looking at. Thanks to all for the offer to help out though..that's easily one of the best parts of this forum.

Archived