Prb's 2Nd Annual Vfrd Fall Rally, Boone Nc, Oct 9-13 2015

PirateRiderBen

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a ride Tshirt?

• Of course, ride t-shirts are the only way I get new clothes.
    • Nah, I ride naked. It adds color to my cheeks.

Okay folks, I know everyone is still recovering from Tmac, but I want to go ahead and get this out there so folks have time to take off from work and such. Last year we had a great turnout of 7 riders. Sorry to say the weather was less than desirable. This year will be better! Also, if we get enough interest, I am planning to do a t-shirt this year. Same as last year, there will be no entry fees or any required payment other than room, food, gas, and the usual costs with trips. (and tshirts if you order one) Sorry, but I wont have kegs of beer and BBQ waiting in the parking lot, but I suspect we will manage haha! :beer:

RIDERS OF ALL SKILL LEVELS ARE WELCOME! And of course ride whatever bike you want, the guy planning the ride (me) doesn't even ride a VFR anymore! :goofy:

The details that I have planned so far:

HOTEL:

October 9-13,2015 That is a Friday through a Tuesday, so 4 nights. Come for less, stay for more, but those are the "official dates" (aka when I will be there)

The "luxury accommodations" for the week are at Greene's Motel in Boone, NC. It's nothing fancy and it's an old place, however it is clean and it is the most affordable option in Boone and the surrounding area. It is also right on the main road close to gas, food, and stores. Greene's is HOLDING 15 ROOMS all with double beds for the above dates UNTIL the LAST WEEK IN SEPTEMBER. When you call in, let them know you are with the VFRD Motorcycle group. The rate is 59$ a night plus tax, which is a deal in this part of the world during this time of the year. I encourage everyone to go ahead and reserve the room as soon as you know you can make it. Their number is 828-264-8845

TSHIRTS:

Vote in the poll ASAP. If there is enough interest I will post additional info later on as far as ordering.

Ride routes:

I have a couple routes since I live in the area, but feel free to make something up and bring it along! If we have more folks this year, we will have multiple ride groups.

That is all I have for now, I will add more as I think of things.

Hope to see everyone there!

-PRB

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Given that I missed the recent action, I'm compelled to try and make this. It'd be a little extension of summer. Besides I'm eager to sign your helmet. :)

I just hope I've used up all my negative karma. It will be good to be back in the best riding environment before next year.

I do not take getting to NC for granted any more, so all I'll say is I'll try to make it.

MaxSwell No Deer :wheel:

• Member Contributer

I am not missing this one , count me in !

I was surprised to realize you were not going to Tmac. So now I feel a little less bad for missing it. After all, what would Tmac be without the Switch?!

Looking forward to it.

Ride safe pal.

• Member Contributer

I am not missing this one , count me in !

I was surprised to realize you were not going to Tmac. So now I feel a little less bad for missing it. After all, what would Tmac be without the Switch?!

Looking forward to it.

Ride safe pal.

I am at a software security class .

4 weeks !!!!

Just a reminder that all the rooms are two double beds, so theres plenty of room for sharing. Do post up here once you make a reservation so I can keep track of how many rooms we are using up. If we end up needing more than 15, I can talk with the manager.

-PRB

Edit: Rooms being held for us only until the last week of September, but I encourage everyone to jump on it as soon as they can.

• Member Contributer

I mean if that is what floats ya'lls boats I'm sure the gas station next door has some! I think we drank mostly Yeungling last year.

Snobs.....

I'm in and this time I'm bringin' the Mrs. Just picked up a cherry Hawk GT this evening and would have a nice pic to post, but as soon as I pulled into the driveway a small typhoon hit.

Now that I have moved back to the states, and have replaced my AU VFR with a new US VFR it's time to plan a ride with other enthusiasts! Looking forward to any updates and/or other events that are posted. See you soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

The lady and myself stayed at Greenes Motel in Boone this week and give it a ?. As Ben stated, it's not real fancy, but it's clean and inexpensive. The lady that helped us was kind and the young girl that worked there didn't say a thing when she saw me roll the hawk out of the room in the morning. (It rained in the evening and the Corbin soaks up water like a sponge). Not that I condone such behavior.post-5439-0-90610600-1434229745.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmmmmmmmm................I did a big Boone trip last September with my Florida guys. Nice. HEAVY fog on the BRP in the morning? You can bet on it!

Lotsa outstanding roads there. Boone is a good town. Lotsa places to eat good food. And I know where the liquor store is.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........have to think about this. It might supersede the Trace Pace Fall Ride I was thinkin' about organizing, but that's okay.

And as for a tee shirt? Nah. Not interested.

• Member Contributer

Hmmmmmmmmmm................I did a big Boone trip last September with my Florida guys. Nice. HEAVY fog on the BRP in the morning? You can bet on it!

Lotsa outstanding roads there. Boone is a good town. Lotsa places to eat good food. And I know where the liquor store is.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........have to think about this. It might supersede the Trace Pace Fall Ride I was thinkin' about organizing, but that's okay.

And as for a tee shirt? Nah. Not interested.

Hopefully, if all things line up, and you attend, you can visit your old VFR. I'm hoping no one buys it until I get back from W.Va next week.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I'm ordering a tee shirt. Medium please. I drown in those XLs. (Although they may come in handy if a gal wanted to fit in there with me; but that never happens. :sad2: )

Archived