2015 Texasmac Quotes

Hahaha....I'd forgotten about that "nine thousand dollar" complaint of mine.

Inside story? Every carbon fiber and titanium factory accessory in the Duc catalog is about "nine thousand dollars".

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Not his exact words, but...

Dmitry: "I don't want anyone to get hurt, but I'm really hoping to avoid getting that green shirt."

Sorry you 'won' the shirt, but I'm still glad you're OK, buddy! :smile:

Dmitry, how did you explain your new fashion taste to your family??

I am a firm believer in ignorance.

I was hoping to be discrete... My wife took one look at my Luck Dragon on my tank & the rash on the left side of my bike as I pulled in the garage and started laughing...

Sorry, here's the quote..."Hahahahahaha... what is that? Hahahahahahaha... you wrecked??? Hahahahahahaha..."

• Member Contributer

Dmitry: "I don't want anyone to get hurt, but I'm really hoping to avoid getting that green shirt."

I was hoping to be discrete... My wife took one look at my Luck Dragon on my tank & the rash on the left side of my bike as I pulled in the garage and started laughing...

Sorry, here's the quote..."Hahahahahaha... what is that? Hahahahahahaha... you wrecked??? Hahahahahahaha..."

That made my week. Wife always looks for blood on me .

Roll On ..

• Member Contributer

That's funny, dude.

I told the kids, but not the wife.

Thankfully, the bike was black before and is still black after, so as far as she is concerned, nothing has changed.

I once went to pick her up and she got into another car because it was the same color. Completely different car...

Definitely a keeper!

• Member Contributer

Trace: "You didn't see the pile of rocks back there?"

Me: "Nope."

Trace: "Stevie Wonder could have seen that pile of rocks!"

Me: "Don't think they really existed..."

Earthshake: "I believe he was in play mode."

This particular faux pas enacted a 50+ mile hwy ride to lunch........

3 days later I get the best text ever..... LOL

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.627387,-83.954741,3a,75y,287.19h,85.58t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1svD3Z8H0LoRK7qURQZ9-XAw!2e0?hl=en

Turns out, that pile of rocks is the roadside grave of Cherokee princess Trahlyta.

• Member Contributer

At the stopsign at 143.......

Me: "Do you want to wait or go?"

Gradus: "Was that black car a cop?"

Me: "Yes, that was a cop!"

Gradus: "I think we should go!"

Me: "Definitely!"

Hated to leave anyone in our group behind, but we already had one ticket. Glad everyone knew which way to turn. :unsure:

Me: "Matt, when you get to a GIANT pile of rocks in the middle of a "Y" intersection, go right. And there's also a sign there that points to Suches and Morgantown, which is were we're going. You can't miss it."

Me riding sweep (meaning everyone else followed Matt to the left), yelling to Earthshake Bill via our Sena headseat: "Bill, he went the wrong damn way!"

Matt, much later when we managed to regroup: "Trace is giving me the stinkeye."

Me: "You fuuuuuuuking deserve it!"

And yeah, the 50 mile slab ride to Joe's BBQ in Blue Ridge that resulted from having Helen Keller leading the group wasn't good. More stinkeye was to follow...

Turns out, that pile of rocks is the roadside grave of Cherokee princess Trahlyta.

I rode past that pile twice Sunday and never noticed it was a pile of rocks! Of course I wasn't looking for a pile of rocks either.

• Member Contributer

Me: "Matt, when you get to a GIANT pile of rocks in the middle of a "Y" intersection, go right. And there's also a sign there that points to Suches and Morgantown, which is were we're going. You can't miss it."

Tell me I can't miss it will ya, I showed you!!

Hated to leave anyone in our group behind, but we already had one ticket. Glad everyone knew which way to turn. :unsure:

I actually got the entire conversation on video. Hilarious!

Officer Brown, after I showed him my license and gun permit: "I don't need to see that. I think every citizen should carry a weapon. You gonna shoot me?"

Me. "Not very likely sir, but I just didn't want you thinking I was an asshole for NOT mentioning that I was armed, should you decide to look in my tailbag for marijuana and find my gun."

Officer Brown: You carrying marijuana?

Me: No, just a handgun. And heroin.

That 30 minute encounter had so many memorable quotes that I can't even think of many more. The cop was really decent and gave us a "no points" speeding ticket, told us all sorts of interesting cop stories, and we all generally had a good time with him.

But later that evening, Oyama says to me "Could you understaaaaand him with his theeeek Georgia akkcent? I couldn't."

Me: "Believe me, he couldn't understand you, either."

• Member Contributer

I rode past that pile twice Sunday and never noticed it was a pile of rocks! Of course I wasn't looking for a pile of rocks either.

All I saw was a sweet left hander that needed to be railed....

• Member Contributer

Timmy (at awards banquet) "... so I got the catheter and the fuel lines mixed up..."

Trace *shakes head in disapproval*

• Member Contributer

Officer Brown, after I showed him my license and gun permit: "I don't need to see that. I think every citizen should carry a weapon. You gonna shoot me?"

Me. "Not very likely sir, but I just didn't want you thinking I was an asshole for NOT mentioning that I was armed, should you decide to look in my tailbag for marijuana and find my gun."

Officer Brown: You carrying marijuana?

Me: No, just a handgun. And heroin.

That 30 minute encounter had so many memorable quotes that I can't even think of many more. The cop was really decent and gave us a "no points" speeding ticket, told us all sorts of interesting cop stories, and we all generally had a good time with him.

But later that evening, Oyama says to me "Could you understaaaaand him with his theeeek Georgia akkcent? I couldn't."

Me: "Believe me, he couldn't understand you, either."

Trace: I can honestly say that I have never smoked marijuana.

Officer Brown: I've never smoked it either.

Me: I can say that I've never ... aw, nevermind.

Hahahaha, yeah! That was hilarious, and Officer Brown cracked up, too! I recall that Oyama didn't say ANYTHING at that point....

Tell me I can't miss it will ya, I showed you!!

I actually got the entire conversation on video. Hilarious!

When he lead our ride he would stop and look back to see where I would tell him to turn. Guess I was leading from the back...again.

Good thing he learned from your ride. lol

• Member Contributer

I rarely see stationary inanimate objects off the side of the road, especially entering a turn... my focus is elsewhere.

Now occasionally I meet inanimate objects on the exits of turns... but that is a different topic :wacko:

• 10 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Hahahaha, yeah! That was hilarious, and Officer Brown cracked up, too! I recall that Oyama didn't say ANYTHING at that point....

I was afraid that whatever he though I said could be used against me even if I did not say it. So, I was sticking to my Fifth Amendment... :unclesam:

Archived