Paint Color, Matching Helmet?

• Member Contributer

If you don't know of them, Revzilla.com, they have a complete in stock selection in new jersey (website) and very generous free shipping. Like if you order two or a few more things to compare they give free ship out and then free ship back as long as you buy one of them.

Might be a good way to see first hand different helmets and they have pretty good prices too.

Also saw a video of Roland Brown review of 8th gen and he is wearing a red Shark helmet that seemed on my screen to be a good match. Maybe another option.

To get the free ship both ways option its best in my experience to call and speak to them on phone to discuss and order, then call for return authorization and free ship back. I've done this with pants, gloves, and helmets as well as boots.

• 1 year later...
  • Member Contributer

You know what I've always wondered? Say you've got a red 6G painted in R157. Now let's say somebody wanted to power coat the wheels the same color. When somebody takes wheels to get powder coated, it's my understanding you can't give them a paint code (like R157). Instead, you'd be presented with a bunch of samples of various reds and it would be up to you to pick the one you think looks closest to R157.

Isn't there a better way to ensure you get an exact match? This is not something I plan on doing. I'm asking because it's something I've always been curious about.

• Member Contributer
On 5/8/2015 at 0:17 PM, emil said:

Got a white Shoei NXR and a white VFR. Perfect match.

Is that a diamond white helmet, i.e. like the metallic fleck effect of the paint on the bike? Gf was looking at Arai diamond white lids.

• Member Contributer

This is an RF1200 Valkyrie I bought this spring.  It matches pretty good

image.jpeg

On 19/05/2016 at 9:52 AM, 2FAST4U said:

You know what I've always wondered? Say you've got a red 6G painted in R157. Now let's say somebody wanted to power coat the wheels the same color. When somebody takes wheels to get powder coated, it's my understanding you can't give them a paint code (like R157). Instead, you'd be presented with a bunch of samples of various reds and it would be up to you to pick the one you think looks closest to R157.

Isn't there a better way to ensure you get an exact match? This is not something I plan on doing. I'm asking because it's something I've always been curious about.

You mean like the Pantone colour matching system?

Archived