Question: Did You Get A Rear Seat And Single Seat Cowl?

• Member Contributer

Part numbers for parts with colour options usually end with two letters, such as "ZA", "ZB", "ZC", etc.  I hadn't noticed, but you're right about the colours not being specified in the Setup Instructions.  Here's a scan of one page of the Dutch version for the 1992 VFR750FN:

VFR750FNSetupInstrucsNL4.jpg

I'm sure the NL version was available in red, blue and green that year, so the part number shown in these setup instructions was not complete.  In any case, everything shown here would have been included in the crate with the bike.

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

I didn't get a cowl with my new VFR last July, I emailed Honda about this after reading the first few posts, they replied by saying speak to your dealer ... very useful reply:mellow:

Glad my dealer was honest and on top of it, I had no idea I was supposed to get a seat cowl when I bought it. The last new bike (Honda 599/Hornet 600/CB600F) I purchased only offered it as a $130 accessory.

• 1 year later...

Hey all sorry to revive this thread but it helped me get my rear seat cowl.  I purchased a 2014 interceptor this year and had always wondered about the rear seat cowl.  Included with my purchase was the manual, tools under the rear seat and seat spacers for adjustments.  I did not get the deluxe model.  I went to the dealer today and said that i had discovered I a rear seat cowl was supposed to come with my motorcycle and that some dealers have been known to forget about this piece on the shelves.  The salesman went to look and bam!  He brought me a dusty box with my rear seat cowl!  Said it was just chilling collecting dust and that he’s glad I asked about it!  I live in the US and this should clear up whether it’s Uk or AU or Deluxe models that only include it!

50A06837-8B36-4011-88B5-793B51EC0ADE.jpeg

531E4320-64B4-4802-B71C-D0C5EEFAAE8C.jpeg

5D504A43-2B93-4528-9241-EED8DAEFECC7.jpeg

168E992D-0B28-4AF0-9CA8-1F4A1DCA9DE7.jpeg

Archived