2015 12Th Annual Texasmac Group Rides

• Member Contributer

All,

This thread is being created to help in the first couple of days so that all newer riders feel comfortable as to who they will be riding with and the level group they will be riding in. A board will be created with groups and names of riders who need to be placed.

There is no obligation to ride in a group if you are placed. Anyone can ride with whomever they want no matter what the board says. it is mostly for the new riders. Changes to groups can take place as needed.

The goals of this thread is to help place riders in groups and to establish groups with leads and sweeps, veterans needed!

This really does sort itself out after a couple days but this will help in those first days. If you are all good and know exactly what the deal is at the event there is no need to be organized.

This is just for placing riders that need it. We do not need to have all riders/groups represented on the board.

It is Critical that our Leads ride the PACE and lead for the group which means to the slowest rider if needed, no ego's whatsoever. They have to be extremely disciplined to maintain the Pace and keep track of their entire group. With the help of their Sweeper they also need to be able to challenge any rider in their group who is not acting right or pushing it. This is also why I like enough Lead/sweep teams so the groups can be small, the smaller the safer.

This aspect of providing ride groups is for the less skilled and newer riders, our biggest concern for these events is keeping all riders safe!

The greatest concern is the Slow/Beginner groups as they are the most likely to be overwhelmed by the area and have a problem. When is doubt, enter a slower group then move up.

Last year I ended up with the perfect group and had the time of my life. I am sure you will too.

Please PM, or post if...

You need a group to ride with and what level?

You are a lead of an existing group, what level, and if a rider or two can be added?

Are you willing to sweep a group, what level?

Are you willing to lead a group, what level?

Your assistance is appreciated.

AAA

Thanks Austin,

​vfrAustin is helping me organize the ride groups this year, please give him your full cooperation in this area!

My biggest concern is for the Newer/Beginner riders who don't have Twisty Mtn rd experience and have not been to the area. This is the group where having the right Lead/Sweep teams is critical to the Fun & Safety factor of our attendees and event.

As always my number one concern for these events is that everyone makes it Home Safely and be able to tell Lies & Stories about what a Blast they had at the TexasMac this year.

IMO Ride Groups and ride group selection is the most important aspect of this event and that having the right Lead/Sweep Teams is Critical to the events success!

If you would not only PM Austin, post up here with your ride group needs. If you would like to volunteer as a Lead first off thank you, but most important is that you ride the PACE when leading. This is a must!

Thanks again everyone and see you soon! :cheerleader:

I had planned to fly solo and/or let things fall into place during the week, but if there is a need, then I hereby volunteer to lead a group of medium or medium+ pace.

I didn't ride much at all last year, so I'll refrain from the fast group for now. See if I get my groove back before the weekend is out.

• Member Contributer

One does not choose the Honey Badger 200. The Honey Badger 200 chooses you.

If I promise to take a shower that day, will I improve my chances of getting chosen? I'm still wondering what that ride would be like.

If I promise to take a shower that day, will I improve my chances of getting chosen? I'm still wondering what that ride would be like.

Taking a shower would have the opposite effect on your chances of being invited!!!!

:491:

• Member Contributer

Taking a shower would have the opposite effect on your chances of being invited!!!!

:491:

Oh, so that's why I never get to go... :unsure2:

• Member Contributer

Who wants to Ride? :unsure:

I will be on my 4th set of tires by the time this thing starts.

• 5 months later...

Archived