Uk - Midlands Rideout - Sat 25 Apr 15

Skids

• Member Contributer

Mrs Skids & I are going to go for a ride on my new 1200 on Sat 25 Apr if anyone wants to join us. This is a ride that I am running mainly on another forum but am happy to open it to any VFRD riders that can make it.

RV will be Baldock Services at Junction 10 of the A1 on Sat 25 Apr 2015, departing fully fuelled at 1000.

The route is shown in 2 parts below because Google Maps can't handle the number of waypoints...

here and here

Usual rules apply; this is not an organised rideout, it's a bunch of mates riding together so ride your own ride at your own pace and be responsible for your own actions. The riders that usually attend my rideouts are decent riders and a safe but fun ride is what we all want. No overtaking under braking, allow faster riders past, overtake other riders only when it is safe for all to do. We use the Drop-Off system, which works perfectly as long as markers stay at their marking points until the Tail End Charlie comes along and allows riders to rider, without pressure, at their own pace.

This is the first time I have done this route so I don't know it very well so wont be going very quickly. :pinocchio:

The route is 144 miles back to the services. I have not planned any fuel stops en-route so if anyone needs fuel, you'll need to stop and ensure the TEC stops with you. There is a stop at Jack's Diner after 91 miles but if folk want to stop sooner, you can spear off the route early and wait for us at the same diner.

I have a .itn of the route but don't know how to attach it to this post.

• Member Contributer

Skids

Put me down for this.As i live further NW from you can i meet up at Jacks Diner with you all for a meet and greet? NEVER get the chance to meet fellow Viffers round here -ever! Can get very lonely :sad::sad:. PMd you.

The route is shown in 2 parts below because Google Maps can't handle the number of waypoints...

here and here

This is kind of offtopic, but you may want to check out Furkot https://trips.furkot.com it uses google maps as the underlying system, but from my experience, allows for pretty much unlimited waypoints.

Example of a ride I planned a year or two ago, looks like they've improved the UI a bit since then (and even then it was pretty easy to use):

biketrip_preplan_800_wz_50px.jpg

• Member Contributer

here and here

This is kind of offtopic, but you may want to check out Furkot https://trips.furkot.com it uses google maps as the underlying system, but from my experience, allows for pretty much unlimited waypoints.

Example of a ride I planned a year or two ago, looks like they've improved the UI a bit since then (and even then it was pretty easy to use):

Thanks for that m8 but I only use Google Maps to display the route for peoples' perusal; I use TYRE to plan the route and load into my TomTom.

Skids

Put me down for this.As i live further NW from you can i meet up at Jacks Diner with you all for a meet and greet? NEVER get the chance to meet fellow Viffers round here -ever! Can get very lonely :sad::sad:. PMd you.

Ok Adey, be nice to meet you if we don't meet up beforehand.

Not sure of the time at Jack's but it'll be 1200-ish.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Cracking day out Old lad :happy::woohoo:

Certainly was, and it exposed suspension issues with both our bikes!

The 1200 just had new suspenders added to its "must have" list.

• Member Contributer

One picture.....

One bloody picture......

:goofy:

• 3 months later...

Archived